Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Are We All Rams Fans Sunday Evening?
Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
With these McVay retirement rumors floating around we may all need to cheer for thr Bengals. Vikes better sign that contract with KOC first thing Monday
if he pulls a Josh McDaniels, heads will roll. Then Jim Harbaugh gets a phone call, lol! 
You wonder what happens if the McVay situation actually happens. I really think Wilfs didnt like Harbaugh so I doubt itd be him. Maybe they open the bag for Ryans? It’d be wild
Even if McVay retires (extremely unlikely), KOC will still take the Vikings job. McDaniels did what he did because he's an asshole with a history of making poor decisions...and he's paid for it. I doubt KOC wants to go down that road. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
With these McVay retirement rumors floating around we may all need to cheer for thr Bengals. Vikes better sign that contract with KOC first thing Monday
if he pulls a Josh McDaniels, heads will roll. Then Jim Harbaugh gets a phone call, lol! 
You wonder what happens if the McVay situation actually happens. I really think Wilfs didnt like Harbaugh so I doubt itd be him. Maybe they open the bag for Ryans? It’d be wild
Even if McVay retires (extremely unlikely), KOC will still take the Vikings job. McDaniels did what he did because he's an asshole with a history of making poor decisions...and he's paid for it. I doubt KOC wants to go down that road. 
I think you’re right, but we are the Vikings. Stupid and unfair stuff happens to the Vikings

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
I think you’re right, but we are the Vikings. Stupid and unfair stuff happens to the Vikings
I don't know what you're talking aboat. ;-)

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"NorthernCalVike" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
I don't know what you're talking aboat. ;-)

Kind of like our greatest running back of all time now getting arrested for allegedly getting physical with his wife. Ugh, dude sure seems like a POS

Nope. I can't wait till it's over and the coaching staff can be official. LFG! Looking forward to the halftime show though.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Nope. I can't wait till it's over and the coaching staff can be official. LFG! Looking forward to the halftime show though.
I do like what Dungy said about a moratorium on hiring a new coach until 10 days post Super Bowl. Give the coaches a chance to interview without distracting from the games. His point was for minority coaches, but it works for all of them. I always thought the distractions were unfair to the teams playing.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I do like what Dungy said about a moratorium on hiring a new coach until 10 days post Super Bowl. Give the coaches a chance to interview without distracting from the games. His point was for minority coaches, but it works for all of them. I always thought the distractions were unfair to the teams playing.
That can work both ways.  How can the league expect a team looking for a new coach to wait for 10 days after the Super Bowl to interview and hire a coach from one of those teams.  That puts a team considerably behind schedule to fill out a coaching staff, get ready for pro days, free agency, and behind in preparation for the draft.  That is a long time and any team looking for a new coach may just say screw it, we are going to go with a coach we can hire right now instead of waiting another 2 weeks to interview and hire.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
That can work both ways.  How can the league expect a team looking for a new coach to wait for 10 days after the Super Bowl to interview and hire a coach from one of those teams.  That puts a team considerably behind schedule to fill out a coaching staff, get ready for pro days, free agency, and behind in preparation for the draft.  That is a long time and any team looking for a new coach may just say screw it, we are going to go with a coach we can hire right now instead of waiting another 2 weeks to interview and hire.
I think Dungy was saying no coaches can be hired until after the Super Bowl. So, it wouldn’t matter if the coach you want is in it or not. 
I think the same thing should be done with college. Look how messed up bowl games were this season with coaches being fired and hired before bowl games.

10 days post Superbowl is ridiculous. But that's Dungy for ya.