Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Zimmer out
Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"GermanVike" said:
why would he leave before they let him go? I wouldn't throw four weeks of paychecks away if I didn't have another job waiting...
They probably forgot about him.
"If I work from home for four weeks maybe they will forget and then I can just show up when the season starts". Maybe?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
i'm sure a tenured coach like Dre was motivated to share co-defensive title with someone 1/3 his age. 
FWIW, O'Connell is 2 years younger than Adam is, so he's getting a HC job at the same age Adam got the co-DC.

That said, I'm not supporting the nepotism hire.  I also don't think Patterson was some exceptional DC that was being watered down by Adam or anything.  I think Patterson is best suited for the DL coach.  Zimmer should have brought in a real OC or DC.  Locking himself to three inexperienced coordinators probably cost him his job.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
i'm sure a tenured coach like Dre was motivated to share co-defensive title with someone 1/3 his age. 
FWIW, O'Connell is 2 years younger than Adam is, so he's getting a HC job at the same age Adam got the co-DC.

That said, I'm not supporting the nepotism hire.  I also don't think Patterson was some exceptional DC that was being watered down by Adam or anything.  I think Patterson is best suited for the DL coach.  Zimmer should have brought in a real OC or DC.  Locking himself to three inexperienced coordinators probably cost him his job.

Being set in his ways cost him his job. He also didn't have the players to run his scheme the last couple years. He tried to adjust by playing less pressure and man coverage as well as more zone. But he didn't have the players to make it work. That's why I'm happy Rick went out the door with him.
I don't know much about Adam, but he will get another job somewhere. It's almost a fail proof system. Everybody gets fired, but everybody gets another job somewhere.