Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move Over Henry Ruggs
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Alvin Kamara was arrested in Las Vegas shortly after Sunday's Pro Bowl on a battery charge, according to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

Police say the alleged battery took place on Saturday, and Kamara was taken into custody Sunday evening without incident.
without incident, they touched him with two hands and the whistle blew, so Kamara stopped running.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
I honestly can't recall the last Pro Bowl I watched.

Wait?  People watch the probowl?  I do like the skills competition though.  They should make the entire thing into that.  I'd watch and do catch some on youtube.  Russell Wilson smoked his QB skills test. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
He was arrested and still allowed to play. 
Unreal right, but it sounded like he played and then was arrested.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"minny65" said:
Ya know when the NFL moved the team to Vegas with Gruden as the face I thought:

Vegas, gambling, sex, drugs, youth, wealth - what could go wrong???

Also, what happens in Vegas is now national news and I don't see any happy stories outweighing the crap that will continue to unfold for the team and NFL.  
I had the same initial reaction....What could possibly go wrong?

But the Knights have been out there a while now. And while the Ruggs situation is tragic, we've actually heard less than I thought we might about problems with pro sports in sin city. 

The Ruggs tragedy could have happened anywhere. 
Any tragedy could happen anywhere.  You might think it is "less" then you expected but I think for the NFL it is "more" then they expected.  I also don't think it will lessen with time either.  

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
He was arrested and still allowed to play. 
Unreal right, but it sounded like he played and then was arrested.
Some reports were saying he was arrested Saturday. Yeah Vegas is going to be problematic for some. I did see reports after that said Sunday. It's not a good look either way.

I dont think the location matters when you combine,  money, youth, and stupidity.   Look at all the dumb fucking things that our own players have been involved with in the greater minneapolis area.   hell... vegas is probably less likely to get somebody arrested since so many things are already legal or often over looked out there.  you really have to take it to a new level of stupid in vegas to pull the same heat you would in many other NFL cities.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I dont think the location matters when you combine,  money, youth, and stupidity.   Look at all the dumb fucking things that our own players have been involved with in the greater minneapolis area.   hell... vegas is probably less likely to get somebody arrested since so many things are already legal or often over looked out there.  you really have to take it to a new level of stupid in vegas to pull the same heat you would in many other NFL cities.
I guess time will tell.  I predict ongoing issues for the Raiders/NFL in Vegas.  But I might be wrong that does occasionally happen to me (victim, not my fault)  Smile