Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logical to assume RS has to produce a winner to keep his job
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I won't mince words. It would be absolute lunacy to fire Spielman. Any objective evaluation of this roster says the talent in there. Again, I think Zimmer is the one on the hot seat. If he can't turn what is clearly one of the best young rosters in the NFL into a winner, that's on him. 
I'm not there with you on this assessment on anything but the D - which could be near Elite if the O could carry it's own water. 

I think jury out on Sam, the WR's are pedestrian, the OL below league avg, Rudy better than avg, Cook TBD...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
I won't mince words. It would be absolute lunacy to fire Spielman. Any objective evaluation of this roster says the talent in there. Again, I think Zimmer is the one on the hot seat. If he can't turn what is clearly one of the best young rosters in the NFL into a winner, that's on him. 
I'm not there with you on this assessment on anything but the D - which could be near Elite if the O could carry it's own water. 

I think jury out on Sam, the WR's are pedestrian, the OL below league avg, Rudy better than avg, Cook TBD...
Well yeah, but how many teams in history have ever been elite on both sides of the ball? It's very rare. Typically championship teams are dominant on one side and and just solid on the other. I think the offense with Sam, Diggs, Cooks, Rudy, etc can be solid. Better than that if the line turns in just league average performance. 

If this mostly injury free team goes into USBS and lays an egg in front of what will be a jacked up home crowd on Monday night, I can tell you the name I will be screaming will NOT be Spielman's. 

I'm not saying elite on both sides. I'm not sure the O is middle of the league? We'll see how solid they can become on that side of the ball as the season progresses.

Glass 1/2 full for now.

I'll be there live and in color Monday night - expecting the best if they play well.