Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tall McVay, Long May He Reign
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: Nx-m7EBO_bigger.jpg]
The Rams lined up in 11 personnel 85 % of the time last year, compared to the Vikings who only lined up in it 47 % of the time. But the Rams actually ran the ball in 11 personnel 37 %of the time, more than the Vikings (27 %). The Rams successful run % was 52%. Vikings was 45 %.
I think our heavy run packages hurt our running game,  we would bring more defenders into the box and that really limited the amount of space for our RBs to work.  running out of more wide open sets gives the RB more room to work around the failures of a weak OL IMO.   I hate our run game when people knew we were going to run the ball... which was pretty much all the time if we had a 2 score lead,  regardless of when it was in the game.
Childress used to do the same thing. It was maddening to watch. I guess they had this theory that a weak O-line needed to bunch up for max protection, when spreading them out would have been more effective. And while I'm thinking about it, how about checking out of a running play when the defense has 8 or 9 guys in the box. Another Childress failure that seems to have continued in the Zimmer era.

So still another 8 days until they can make it official. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Yep, Kevin O’Connell, will you be our Valentine…?  Wink B) :p  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
That McVay coaching tree is more than a bit skewed when they just happened to fall into situations that include Burrow, Rodgers,  Herbert and healthy cap situations. O'Connell is probably going to be looking for a bridge QB, and figuring out how to rework a defense with overpaid, injured or aging players. Gonna be interesting around here if/when we're at 5-7 wins next yr. 

That said, the founding father got it pretty much done with Goff, at least at first. When the ceiling became obvious with Goff, they did something about it. 

... And this new brain-trust figures out the QB of tomorrow far better than RS ever could. 
This.

Kudos to them for recognizing his limitations, not getting stuck investing in someone who wasn't going to get you there.  Then not vocalizing it, but trading him when he had some value left.
This was a smart move on their part. But let's not pretend that Jared Goff is anywhere near as good as Kirk Cousins. 
No, that wasn't my point at all.  I guess I the quote I quoted was quoting someone makin that point, but I was just saying kudos for seeing clearly and making a bold move at the QB spot.

[Image: xcwvjg1x8x0s.png]

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

well there is a flower shortage. so i guess he’ll have to do. dont think the wife will agree though. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Kentis" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

well there is a flower shortage. so i guess he’ll have to do. dont think the wife will agree though. 
At first I thought you said flour shortage! Some of us know how that feels!