Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wrestling friends
Anyone else tuning in for Iowa vs PSU tonight? 

It pains me to say how good of a coach Cael is. Better than Gable when it’s all said and done

Fiancee went to Penn State. Her father used to take her to all the football games and wrestling meets when she was growing up.

Ah come on the royal rumble is tonight! For sure thought this was gonna be about that ha

I don't understand how real wrestling is not more popular.  They are the best conditioned and disciplined athletes in sports.  The NCAA wresting championships is one of my favorite events of the year.  I have never understood how there was not a professional circuit where some of the cities where wrestling is very popular would have teams who would compete.  While these amazing athletes have no path to a professional career, garbage like UFC and fake wrestling makes millions. It is just a sad testimony to what the majority is entertained by. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Anyone else tuning in for Iowa vs PSU tonight? 
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
It pains me to say how good of a coach Cael is. Better than Gable when it’s all said and done
Comparing apples and oranges here.  Cael gets the cream of the crop recruits and transfers each and every year due to proximity to home.  He lost to Iowa continuously at Iowa State.  Gable took tough kids and made them elite wrestlers.  Also, the sport has advanced so much that these high school kids that are studs are easy to spot and “coach”. Penn St has a great program, but also along with Ohio St, some inherent advantages.

Quote: @JR44 said:
While these amazing athletes have no path to a professional career, garbage like UFC and fake wrestling makes millions. It is just a sad testimony to what the majority is entertained by. 
You clearly appreciate wrestling so it's odd you discount mma as garbage considering how much mma fighters rely on grappling. And the sheer number of mma fighters who were college wrestlers.  Some of the all time mma greats started as NCAA wrestlers.