Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
!!!! Please read !!!! Regarding the ongoing site maintenance
Quote: @Montana Tom said:
here's how I've worked around the password reset:
1) I click on SIGN IN
2) I get a red box alert that says "YOUR ACCOUNT DOES NOT HAVE A PASSWORD ASSIGNED TO IT.  CLICK here TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD
3) I click on the link and it asks for the email to send the reset link, but below that box is text that says DISCUSSION
4) I click on DISCUSSION and it logs me in and takes me to the board.

I stumbled through this after multiple attempts to bypass the system.  Works every time, but hardly ideal
I'll have to try that on my home computer. I can get on my work computer now, but on my home computer, I took the bad advice of deleting cookies. I also no longer have the email associated with when I originally set up my account here, so if it is sending instructions for a password reset, it's going to a dead end. There's no place to re-register...Both computers IOS.

Well, the workaround didn't work at home...Looks like only posting from work... Sorry boss.

I can only login in on my phone, desktop no longer works.  It wants me to put an email in for my password...I looked in my profile to see if I could find what email I used to sign up here umpteen years ago..no luck.  

So what I have to do now is click on vikesfan.com. Not any other configuration or history link in the browser. Works every time. Or go to vikefans.com and click 'forums' in the drop down and it goes right to the discussion page. Maybe it will help others.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I can only login in on my phone, desktop no longer works.  It wants me to put an email in for my password...I looked in my profile to see if I could find what email I used to sign up here umpteen years ago..no luck.  
I just messaged you the email you registered with,  if you have a new email send it to me the same way and I will change it for you.