Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas double header and more
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
If it's an afternoon/early evening double header I can see it flying,   most people I know get together with family for dinner and won't have a tv blaring for a noon game on Christmas day,  maybe unless it's their teams game of the week,  at best for me would be DVR for watching later instead of a later game.
If families put on NFL football all day for Thanksgiving, why not Christmas Day? Same scenario. 
Not for many Christian families it isnt.  We typically only have the noon game on during the turkey day meal if the Vikes play the Lions. 
Your viewpoint is anecdotal. Christian families have a holy day....its Sunday. Oh yeah, the NFL plays on Sunday. Not sure why Christmas would be different. I sincerely doubt Christian football fans won't watch NFL football because its Christmas Day. 'Yay, Baby Jesus was born.....awesome. Let's pray. Ok, what network has the first NFL game?'

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
If it's an afternoon/early evening double header I can see it flying,   most people I know get together with family for dinner and won't have a tv blaring for a noon game on Christmas day,  maybe unless it's their teams game of the week,  at best for me would be DVR for watching later instead of a later game.
If families put on NFL football all day for Thanksgiving, why not Christmas Day? Same scenario. 
Not for many Christian families it isnt.  We typically only have the noon game on during the turkey day meal if the Vikes play the Lions. 
Your viewpoint is anecdotal. Christian families have a holy day....its Sunday. Oh yeah, the NFL plays on Sunday. Not sure why Christmas would be different. I sincerely doubt Christian football fans won't watch NFL football because its Christmas Day. 'Yay, Baby Jesus was born.....awesome. Let's pray. Ok, what network has the first NFL game?'
Christmas is a bit more for many,  maybe not your house,   but for many it's more than just a regular Sunday service or opening presents.  I'm sure there will be plenty tuning in for a noin game,  but likely more that won't.  Later in the day..  things change,  but Christmas dinner is usually pretty sacred still for many.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Christmas is a bit more for many,  maybe not your house,   but for many it's more than just a regular Sunday service or opening presents.  I'm sure there will be plenty tuning in for a noin game,  but likely more that won't.  Later in the day..  things change,  but Christmas dinner is usually pretty sacred still for many.
 https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20...052196007/

I don't doubt that. I'm sure some people that you know will abstain from viewing, that's cool with me. That isn't my point. Last year, Christmas games were one of the best days they had all year. That will continue, that's my point. And 2.8 million other people watched the NBA on Christmas. Everyone has the day off, families are in town visiting, etc. it all means butts in seats watching TV. So it isn't just 'my house'. 

Wednesday football was a thing in the 1920's.  Now, again a thing in the 2020's.  =)

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20...052196007/

I don't doubt that. I'm sure some people that you know will abstain from viewing, that's cool with me. That isn't my point. Last year, Christmas games were one of the best days they had all year. That will continue, that's my point. And 2.8 million other people watched the NBA on Christmas. Everyone has the day off, families are in town visiting, etc. it all means butts in seats watching TV. So it isn't just 'my house'. 
As a combat veteran who did multiple tours on the front lines in the great War on Christmas, I feel uniquely qualified to say that Christmas is a great day for football. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
Wednesday football was a thing in the 1920's.  Now, again a thing in the 2020's.  =)
So was polio and smallpox. We get anymore jughead anti-vaxxers and we'll be revisiting that as well.