Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread
Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
I see a lot of stuff over on Reddit about JJ not getting the record and how it’s a big F U to JJ by Zim, kind of like some have said here.
But, it’s not like they didn’t throw to JJ today and he didn’t get a TD. There isn’t a JJ ratio is there? 
Damn, people are going to bitch win, lose, or draw. It’s no wonder other fans call Vikings fans a lot of not so nice names. 
And honestly “IF” JJ is upset with Kirk that another wide open teammate got the ball and he didn’t, then there is definitely something wrong with that picture. We had Diggs, who thought about Diggs all the time. Remember the helmet removing penalties because he had to think about his image and how great he was? Great receiver? Definitely! Do I miss his attitude? Never!
So what . .  should we get rid of Jefferson because he wanted to break his heroes record in a meaningless game at home in front of his own fans?  It's a game, get a grip.  For a shitty season, the kid played his ass off again.  

Cousins admitted he should have thrown to JJ.  I mean rolling right and throwing left is a QB no no, especially when your crosser is coming to your side.

The people upset at JJ not getting the "record" are most likely the same people that wanted Mond to start (insuring there was no chance at the record.) Which scenario do you prefer?

C'mon....

The stress of two mediocre seasons is showing.

You guys (and gals) are smart enough to know it wasn't Zimmer telling KC dont throw the ball to JJ...And if you believe that's the case?

Well then well maybe you should run for political office 

That was KC's decision the whole way. I just wish he would have prioritized JJ getting that ball more than he did. Cause KJO and JJ were both wide open. 

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
I see a lot of stuff over on Reddit about JJ not getting the record and how it’s a big F U to JJ by Zim, kind of like some have said here.
But, it’s not like they didn’t throw to JJ today and he didn’t get a TD. There isn’t a JJ ratio is there? 
Damn, people are going to bitch win, lose, or draw. It’s no wonder other fans call Vikings fans a lot of not so nice names. 
And honestly “IF” JJ is upset with Kirk that another wide open teammate got the ball and he didn’t, then there is definitely something wrong with that picture. We had Diggs, who thought about Diggs all the time. Remember the helmet removing penalties because he had to think about his image and how great he was? Great receiver? Definitely! Do I miss his attitude? Never!
So what . .  should we get rid of Jefferson because he wanted to break his heroes record in a meaningless game at home in front of his own fans?  It's a game, get a grip.  For a shitty season, the kid played his ass off again.  

Cousins admitted he should have thrown to JJ.  I mean rolling right and throwing left is a QB no no, especially when your crosser is coming to your side.
“Get a Grip”? I didn’t think my comment was unhinged or anything. Maybe you shouldn’t be triggered by another fan’s observation.

I never said get rid of JJ. I put it in quotes to highlight it. Saying if JJ has a problem with another teammate getting a TD over him, then he’s got a problem, not the rest of the team. I don’t know if he has a problem, it was purely conjecture.

I watched the TD pass to KJ and then rewatched it because I wondered if he rolled out. Watch the play again, he didn’t roll out. He might have side stepped a little, but he didn’t roll out and throw across his body.

I think if you look back you could say a lot of players “played his ass off”. Should they all be upset they didn’t get some kind of record in a season where they had more losses than wins?

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:

“Get a Grip”? I didn’t think my comment was unhinged or anything. Maybe you shouldn’t be triggered by another fan’s observation.

I never said get rid of JJ. I put it in quotes to highlight it. Saying if JJ has a problem with another teammate getting a TD over him, then he’s got a problem, not the rest of the team. I don’t know if he has a problem, it was purely conjecture.

I watched the TD pass to KJ and then rewatched it because I wondered if he rolled out. Watch the play again, he didn’t roll out. He might have side stepped a little, but he didn’t roll out and throw across his body.

I think if you look back you could say a lot of players “played his ass off”. Should they all be upset they didn’t get some kind of record in a season where they had more losses than wins?

People are missing a simple point here.  JJ can break all the records he wants, but it doesn't mean anything when your team is sitting home watching the playoffs on TV.

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:

People are missing a simple point here.  JJ can break all the records he wants, but it doesn't mean anything when your team is sitting home watching the playoffs on TV.

Agree 100%

I hope the fans and the players realize that.

Well, one thing is certain in my mind, the last game in the past two years has been a FU to the team --  refusing to use those meaningless games to develop players was idiotic, etc.  Last year's final game was when I started to loose confidence in Zimmer (maybe late to that party) and this year's last game just emphasized to me that Zimmer needs to be gone.