Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fangio and Broncos parting ways

Let Jim Harbaugh hire him as DC when we give him the reigns. 

What about Greg Roman or Pat Shurmur for OC?

Fangio, like Zim, has a ceiling of DC.

At least denver didn't take 8 years to figure it out.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Agreed....And their window shut personnel wise on the field too. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
That’s not very fair.  Zimmer actually enjoyed quite a bit of success here until the Cousins signing.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Yea, Fangio lasted 3 years with Denver and did build up a very good defense but has not been able to build a whole team with consistent play.  I think Zimmer and Fangio are very similar and not just in terms of DC backgrounds and building up that one side of the ball.  They are too conservative on the Offensive side of the ball and look at that through a conservative defensive lens.  Neither has been very good sideline coaches either and didn't improve enough.  

(Disclaimer:  Fangio is from a very small town near where I grew up in PA.  My brother just bought a house right next to his childhood home.  Apparently, he visits the old neighbors whenever he is near so I am sure I will probably meet him down the road Smile.  

I would certainly be interested in Fangio as a DC and I really want the Vikings to go with more of an offensive minded HC this time around.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Yup.  But it only took the Broncos what, 3 years to figure it out, instead of 8.