Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 QB Class Tuna Grades
Someone mentioned this being the worst QB draft since 2013. I think it's a hair better, but not much. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Someone mentioned this being the worst QB draft since 2013. I think it's a hair better, but not much. 
Not sure if there's any consensus on this class yet, but thats pretty daunting...

I'm just glad this franchise isnt in a position of having to prioritize QB yet. History aint on their side when they do 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Not sure if there's any consensus on this class yet, but thats pretty daunting...

I'm just glad this franchise isnt in a position of having to prioritize QB yet. History aint on their side when they do 
given this franchises history at the position over the last 30 years... they should be prioritizing the position every year!

Watched quite a bit of Strong living in Reno. He’s accurate, pretty good arm, loves football & is a tough son of a gun. Played virtually on one leg this past season, wouldn’t come out. Even when healthy he’s pretty much a pocket passer, but does show that pocket awareness needed, I believe. Probably needs to sit a year, but a good prospect.

Romeo Doubs would be a nice WR to draft IMHO.

Quote: @"rf54" said:
What has Parcells ever done as far as running an NFL personel dept?  He won 2 superbowls with the Giants when he had nothing to do with drafting or signing players.  He drafted 0 QBs that ever won a championship and clung onto broken down old QBs like Testiverdy and Pennington when they were past their primes, so why would anyone take Parcells views on picking QBs?
Agreed. He also had maybe the best defensive player in NFL history, Lawrence Taylor. Parcells IMO has always been overrated. 

Quote: @"rf54" said:
What has Parcells ever done as far as running an NFL personel dept?  He won 2 superbowls with the Giants when he had nothing to do with drafting or signing players.  He drafted 0 QBs that ever won a championship and clung onto broken down old QBs like Testiverdy and Pennington when they were past their primes, so why would anyone take Parcells views on picking QBs?
And this is who our owners ran to for advice. Probably more so because they could share Jersey stories and they both get off on the same exit.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"rf54" said:
And this is who our owners ran to for advice. Probably more so because they could share Jersey stories and they both get off on the same exit.
If they want to share Jersey stories they should just hire me. I grew up in the same town as they did.

I haven't formally studied the QBs yet, so that this with a grain of salt. But based on what I watched Matt Corral isn't going to grade well but he is the only QB in this class that has more of the intangible "it" factor. He's also a quick processor which is very important in the age of RPOs and simple read concepts. On arm talent Carson Strong is probably the most talented guy, he just lacks a lot of the movement skills teams are now looking for.