Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen Done For The Year
Thielen is well worth keeping on the team, just not at $15M a year or whatever.  800 yards a season and a ton of TDs is still valuable.
I also think his skill set will age gracefully, rather than fall of a cliff.

Quote: @medaille said:
Thielen is well worth keeping on the team, just not at $15M a year or whatever.  800 yards a season and a ton of TDs is still valuable.
I also think his skill set will age gracefully, rather than fall of a cliff.
Agree, his route-running will age gracefully unlike some other WR's who rely more on speed, strength, height etc....

Thielan would be a very valuable asset to have for a team with a youngish QB - Hopefully with the Vikings very soon???

2022 is it for Theilen under this contract.  After 2022 (his 3rd season), Jefferson will be wanting his big $$$ deal and the Vikings will have to pay up.  Vikings can't afford 2 big contracts at the same position so 2023 will be either pay cut or adios for Theilen.

Quote: @RS Express said:
2022 is it for Theilen under this contract.  After 2022 (his 3rd season), Jefferson will be wanting his big $$$ deal and the Vikings will have to pay up.  Vikings can't afford 2 big contracts at the same position so 2023 will be either pay cut or adios for Theilen.
We need to be ready to do the same with AT as was done with Greenway, and Robison (although I would argue that BRob was put out to pasture prematurely)  but the point is the same,  there is a time for all players where their production doesn't justify their price and AT is paid to be a 15-16 game contributor at a high level and missing games is just as damaging to the teams success as if they over paid for an inferior player,  can't really afford either.

And honestly if they are going to retool with a new GM and coach,  they should try and identify those guys at the end of their careers and move them for younger talent that will still be playing at a decent level in 2 years. 

What a great story AT has been for this franchise.

I agree with others that AT will probably age gracefully vs the cliff scenario.

He'd be an awesome match-up against another teams nickel/dime db. He'll work hard to come-back 100% next year. 

I'm starting to have greater urgency to find someone to start next to JJ in future seasons.

Not sure KJO is that caliber. 

we need a big and fast receiver.
This is me talking after watching Chase destroy the Chiefs  :p