Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mannion out due to Covid; Mr. Mond, please step right up
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
There's no way Omicron wasn't going to rampage a locker room in any of the sports. It's just way too contagious. Playoffs are going to be very interesting for all the wrong reason. 
I dont think rampage and omnicron should be in the same sentence considering the reports that many of those testing positive are asymptomatic or showing very low grade symptoms at most.

I will be curios to see how rhe natural antibodies from this variant stand up against the future variants,  since the antibodies from previous variants are reported to be pretty ineffective with O.

Back to the topic,  if this game gets away from them,  I would like to see Mond get a few series later in the game to see how much or little he has progressed,   of course if he didn't get shit for snaps this week that wouldn't be a fair evaluation 
By "rampage" I mean players eligible to play...

We got about 5 icu beds left open in the state of MN (yes an exaggeration but it's not good) so I'm not sure the health care workers would agree Omicron isnt quite the challenge. Add to that most of the therapeutics today are pretty useless vs this new strain. 

It's not a stretch to say its most likely the unvaxed in those icu beds, so the continued strain on health care could have been minimized.

Thats my beef today - the strain on the health care system and professionals. If you dont want to get vaxed dont, your decision. Its too bad it strains the system so much. I have a lot of empathy for the health care people.  

That's as much down that rabbit hole I want to go lol!

I'm shocked KC isnt on the list tbh. 

You know the other strains of covid are still running through the population.  The covid filling hospitals is not being sorted out by type as far as I have seen anywhere.  Most reports I have read have seen very little hospitalization world wide from O where they are testing for strain types..

And yes, I to am very surprised that as much of an asset as Mannion is to Cousins that they are not both out if one is.
Yes, Omicron seems to be a very mild variant. Hospitals are not being overwhelmed. And tons of people are getting tested because of travel/holiday gatherings so you are really seeing the documented cases soar. There are lines down here in South Florida miles long to get in to get tested so the news media is having a field day with daily case counts as you can imagine. But its the people WITH symptoms that are spreading it, not asymptomatic people. Nobody cares anymore to take precautions. My wife is getting her nails done the other day and the girl tells her half way through she's not feeling good and probably has COVID.  :/

Quote: @Norse said:
Wait Zimmer said that would never happen...Because Mannion was vaccinated.
It's just a tweak of covid

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@Norse said:
Wait Zimmer said that would never happen...Because Mannion was vaccinated.
It's just a tweak of covid
It also shows Z doesn't exactly understand how it works. But what else is new? I'm tired of it, lets turn the page on Z. 

The local front page paper blares "Lifeless Vikings cant find motivation in loss to Rams"
And yet before kickoff Sunday, their energy level was low enough to concern their head coach, their biggest offensive star and the man who runs their defensive huddle.Justin Jefferson said he felt it as soon as he entered the home locker room at U.S. Bank Stadium, where he started trying to get teammates going. 
Mike Zimmer took the rare step of entering the Vikings' pregame huddle — with Dalvin Cook and co-defensive coordinator Andre Patterson, two of the figures ordinarily in the middle of the scrum, at home with COVID-19 — and telling players they would need to bring their own energy.

@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
There's no way Omicron wasn't going to rampage a locker room in any of the sports. It's just way too contagious. Playoffs are going to be very interesting for all the wrong reason. 
I dont think rampage and omnicron should be in the same sentence considering the reports that many of those testing positive are asymptomatic or showing very low grade symptoms at most.

I will be curios to see how rhe natural antibodies from this variant stand up against the future variants,  since the antibodies from previous variants are reported to be pretty ineffective with O.

Back to the topic,  if this game gets away from them,  I would like to see Mond get a few series later in the game to see how much or little he has progressed,   of course if he didn't get shit for snaps this week that wouldn't be a fair evaluation 

We got about 5 icu beds left open in the state of MN (yes an exaggeration but it's not good) so I'm not sure the health care workers would agree Omicron isnt quite the challenge. Add to that most of the therapeutics today are pretty useless vs this new strain. 

It's not a stretch to say its most likely the unvaxed in those icu beds, so the continued strain on health care could have been minimized.

Thats my beef today - the strain on the health care system and professionals. If you dont want to get vaxed dont, your decision. Its too bad it strains the system so much. I have a lot of empathy for the health care people.  

You know the other strains of covid are still running through the population.  The covid filling hospitals is not being sorted out by type as far as I have seen anywhere.  Most reports I have read have seen very little hospitalization world wide from O where they are testing for strain types..

And yes, I to am very surprised that as much of an asset as Mannion is to Cousins that they are not both out if one is.
Yah -- latest data from S.Africa, Ireland and England are pointing to Omicron being more contagious but less severe than Delta. 

Weren't we discussing how Covid would mutate into something more contagious but less severe over time? 

Maybe thats whats happening. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yah -- latest data from S.Africa, Ireland and England are pointing to Omicron being more contagious but less severe than Delta. 

Weren't we discussing how Covid would mutate into something more contagious but less severe over time? 

And that’s how pandemics end.   Not because of vaccines whose whole reason for existence seems to change on a daily basis under the guidance of Lord Fauci.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

im kinda thinking if they can show the O antibodies are effective against other strains.... this is the one to go lick a door knob for.   at some point we will get a strain that will really shut down the severity of the virus,  hopefully this is it.

im kinda thinking if they can show the O antibodies are effective against other strains.... this is the one to go lick a door knob for.   at some point we will get a strain that will really shut down the severity of the virus,  hopefully this is it.
This is the one thing, I don't feel like I'm hearing enough information about.  Will getting sick with Omicron protect you from Delta based strains?  I think it's 50-50 on whether Omicron has mutated too much that the antibodies you get are too different to protect you from other more dangerous strains.  Maybe Omicron needs to be categorized separately from the rest of Covid.  I think we can pretty clearly say that Omicron has mutated enough that the vaccines aren't really doing much on it, but they're spike protein focused, so hopefully there's enough non-spike protein antibodies that will help provide immunity for the other strains.