• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Well, that was freaky....
In one day...

We had our first ever recorded tornado's in December in MN
Thunder, lightning and rain
We had a high of 58 degrees melting the 11" snow-pack from the week before
Wind gusts 80+ mph
It's 19 degrees today 

I've lived here for the greater part of 5+ decades and never seen weather like this in the dead of winter. 

It was absolutely ridiculous. Sunny and snow melting to rain, thunder and lightning. Totally bizarre.

The weather is nuts. In Denver, since November 1st, we've probably had three times as many days with highs in the 70s than in the 40s or 50s. Latest snow in 87 years came last week. I don't want to whine too much considering the tragedy in Kentucky, but yesterday was windpocalypse in Denver, with gusts in the 100s in some areas. 

we had this about 3 years ago on Christmas.  Christmas eve was a beautiful day,  the front came through the next day bringing a lot of rain,  by mid day it was switching to ice,  power outages started by evening and then the snow and wind really kicked up.   I was having flash backs last night as I was scrambling to get the generators ready for the pending failures. started with pea soup fog,  then buckets of rain, lots of wind,  fair amount of ice and almost no snow.  ( if I hadnt gotten the gennys tuned up though i guarantee we would have seen a replay of a few years ago.)

Weather be a changin thats for sure.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Weather be a changin thats for sure.

always has, always will.  the only certain with weather is that it will change.  (unless you live in San Diego from what I have been told.)

Anyone reading anything about the pole flip that is supposedly going on?