Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we make a run? IOL key
There’s a difference between “being one of the best at
protecting the QB” and “having low numbers of sacks”.  A good OLine will give the QB and WRs more
time.  I think what we’re seeing is more
the other way around, where our receivers are getting open quickly and Cousins
is getting the ball out quickly, so our OLine doesn’t have to block for as
long.

To me, I think we’ve seen stretches of quality OLine play.  I don’t think we’ve seen anything that makes
me feel comfortable going against top DLines. 
I also think our OLine has been pretty subpar this year in the ground
game and it’s making us more one-dimensional than we should be.  I totally agree that a stable, quality OLine
will make a huge difference for this team down the stretch.
Our D will probably limit how far we go this year.

Quote: @JR44 said:
For all the bashing this OL has taken all year, they have been one of the best in the league at protecting the QB.  Cousins has consistently had clean pockets and has been the 2nd least sacked QB in the league.  The OL will not be the issue if we do not make the playoffs.  The unit that will most likely be the deciding factor is our awful secondary and that is what has the odds stacked against us.  Fortunately, the Bears do not have a strong passing game and we have all seen how bad Stafford can be, so there is some hope.  
[Image: i05odd5uiymz.jpeg]

Lol.

Try again.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Lol.

Try again.
Dude, I say this in all seriousness, you need help, you have a real problem.  It is not even funny anymore. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
Lol.

Try again.
Dude, I say this in all seriousness, you need help, you have a real problem.  It is not even funny anymore. 
Hard time understanding a graph? I can only conclude you don't actually watch the games if you think the ol isn't an issue.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
https://zonecoverage.com/2021/minnesota-vikings-news/minnesotas-interior-offensive-line-is-thriving/

These guys are hitting a stride. If they keep up this pace I think we make a solid run at 3-1 over next 4 
Interesting piece. Bradbury's 5th year might be back on the table. He may not be what we expected him to be, but he's probably a 10-year starter in the league...somewhere. 

I thought he'd bring a nice return in a potential trade this offseason. One of the league's best reach blockers would be pretty appealing to a wide zone team with a more mobile QB. But given how Cleveland, Bradbury and Cole have been playing as an interior unit the last couple weeks, Vikings might want to see what pans out. The last four games will have a lot to say about that. 
so,  once we are officially eliminated,  do you see what you have in Mond?  Not to take away from Cousins or try and create a controversy, but like you said, you have a system in place that would really benefit from a mobile QB,  do you use some 4th quarters down the stretch to see what your diamond in the rough can do after a season of seasoning?  I think I do,  if he shows growth and potential, it takes the pressure off the position in this years draft (unless something falls in your lap)  otherwise if he shits the bed, then that would be writing on  the wall for me and QB would be more of an urgent need.  Also if he were to show well,  that might be a small chip in negotiating with Cousins for an extension that could bring down that monster number for next year.
Agree. And, yes, once we're eliminated, I'd put in Mond to see what we have. In fact, I'd put in Bynum and Blake and Jones III, Davis, etc. But I do this only as a coach who knows his job is safe. Zimmer won't do it. 
which is once again why he needs to go sooner than later,  even if they are moving on from Spielman at the same time,  give the new staff some film to work with.  I think it would be interesting to see what our O does with Kubiak getting to run it the way he wants, the D doing it the way Patterson thinks it should be run,  and who knows, maybe a head coach can be found that would be able to use 1 or both of them?  that would shorten the learning curve,  but then again... sometimes a clean slate is the best.