Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer Era Officially Over
Nothing like calling a timeout just to run prevent defense

I'd say half the time was bullshit but then it was shit or get off the pot. It's time to go.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@SamEkstrom pointed this out earlier, but it's eerie how history repeats itself. In Week 14 of 2001, the Vikings lost to the 0-12 Lions. They trailed 20-7 at half, took a four-point lead late, and lost 27-24.

Dennis Green was fired a couple weeks later.

Time is a flat circle.
The Sheriff couldn't field a decent D if his life depended on it...

Zimmer was the D Guru brought in here to help us compete against Rogers and GB. 

He did for a while too. I LOVED winning the Norris in GB with a young and nasty D back in 2015? 

But they faltered big in the post-season and last year they finished 28th in D. Now ytd they're ranked 30th...

It might be the only issue we all ever agree on - its time for a HC change. 

[Image: 27f17478-2d1a-4c4c-9ff2-02cce3410f3e_500.jpg]

Getting rid of Zimmer after this season will be 3 seasons too late for me.  I was so off his bandwagon after the almost Saints debacle and attended the Philly massacre for the 2017 season.  I did not advocate for getting rid of him coming off that Championship game of course but the following season 2018 we finished 8-7-1.  I would have pulled the trigger and advocated like some others on here.  Now I think it 100% consensus 3 years later.

Guess we will see what a new HC can do with Cousin's last contractual year in 2022.   

Quote: @minny65 said:
Getting rid of Zimmer after this season will be 3 seasons too late for me.  I was so off his bandwagon after the almost Saints debacle and attended the Philly massacre for the 2017 season.  I did not advocate for getting rid of him coming off that Championship game of course but the following season 2018 we finished 8-7-1.  I would have pulled the trigger and advocated like some others on here.  Now I think it 100% consensus 3 years later.

Guess we will see what a new HC can do with Cousin's last contractual year in 2022.   
Keeping coaches and players around past their expiration date has been this franchise’s MO the entire time I’ve been a fan. It’s noble but it hasn’t brought much in the way of championships. 

Worth losing just for this? Can't decide. Need more time. Yeah, SI, it's her "reaction" we're staring at...

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1467854...02594?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Yep, it's time. I don't think I've ever seen a defense so consistently fail to stop a team when they have to. Injured, healthy, end of half, end of game, no difference. 
Clearly not just my imagination....

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/stat...46338?s=20

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Yep, it's time. I don't think I've ever seen a defense so consistently fail to stop a team when they have to. Injured, healthy, end of half, end of game, no difference. 
Its just time. He's had almost 8 full seasons. His time as Viking's HC hasn't always been fair, he's been dealt some bullshit, but he's also failed. The Vikings suffered for his learning curve as a HC. 
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Its just time. He's had almost 8 full seasons. His time as Viking's HC hasn't always been fair, he's been dealt some bullshit, but he's also failed. The Vikings suffered for his learning curve as a HC. 
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that some have finally come on board on moving on from Zimmer.  Now to Cousins....Smile   kidding we are stuck with him for another year with a new HC. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Worth losing just for this? Can't decide. Need more time. Yeah, SI, it's her "reaction" we're staring at...

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1467854...02594?s=20

It must be the water in the background that's got me thinking about motor boating