Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen and Jefferson

Those are crazy good numbers...

These 2 continue the tradition of great Viking receivers. And as much as KC has his faults, he's the triggerman for these two. So the franchise has to be careful about managing cap and that qb position in the next 2-3 seasons. 

I actually think Jefferson is underused in our offense, we seem to go stretches of not getting him the ball during the times of the games when the offense goes into their shell mode.  He is 10th in the league in receptions with 67, the league leader has 92.  Rookie Jalyn Waddle playing in a terrible Miami offense with very poor QB play has 77.  I don't think we are creative enough with finding ways to get him more involved and I have no idea why we do not throw to him more, especially on 3rd and long instead of just dumping it off and giving up. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I actually think Jefferson is underused in our offense, we seem to go stretches of not getting him the ball during the times of the games when the offense goes into their shell mode.  He is 10th in the league in receptions with 67, the league leader has 92.  Rookie Jalyn Waddle playing in a terrible Miami offense with very poor QB play has 77.  I don't think we are creative enough with finding ways to get him more involved and I have no idea why we do not throw to him more, especially on 3rd and long instead of just dumping it off and giving up. 
Preach

Quote: @"JR44" said:
It is absolutely embarrassing and ridiculous how underutilized he is.

From Eric Thompson on Twitter:

“Vikings record when Justin Jefferson has 7 or more catches: 5-0
Vikings record when Justin Jefferson has 6 or fewer catches: 0-6”

Someone should tell Klint this. Whether that’s coaching, Kirk, the OL, or all of the above, this stat is pretty telling with how disjointed the offense has been this year.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
From Eric Thompson on Twitter:

“Vikings record when Justin Jefferson has 7 or more catches: 5-0
Vikings record when Justin Jefferson has 6 or fewer catches: 0-6”

Someone should tell Klint this. Whether that’s coaching, Kirk, the OL, or all of the above, this stat is pretty telling with how disjointed the offense has been this year.
Maybe they should come-up with a rule for this...

Like a ratio or something?

Klint did say they were going to get him the ball more but yeah it's not happening yet.