Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Entire Starting Defensive Line is Now Out
Griffen was placed on the NFL’s NFI list so he’ll miss a minimum of 3 games…

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Wow. Obviously want what's best for Everson and his family. Just question if taking the Vikings away from him for a month is the best thing. Doctors know best though. Get well soon, 97. 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
So do we know who will be starting on the D-line? My guess is Bower - Watts - Lynch - Richardson (DE)? 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Kentis" said:
So do we know who will be starting on the D-line? My guess is Bower - Watts - Lynch - Richardson (DE)? 

Wonnum would likely start at one end with Watts inside. Lynch and Richardson rotate at 3T with Richardson, Willekes, PJ2, Bower and maybe Eddie Yarborough rotating at the other.

Zimmer will have to be creative with his rotation. It only requires a little bit of pressure to force Jimmy G into making mistakes. The real problem will be stopping the run, especially Deebo, but that's more of a Barr, Kendricks and Harry thing. 

Either way, Zimmer has his work cut out for him.  

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Kentis" said:

Based on the depth chart, it will be Wonnum - Watts - Richardson - Yarborough.  I think we are going to really need some quality reps from Jones and Lynch to win this.  Also will need Barr to provide some line support.  I think the young guys on the DL will do well, I am actually more concerned with the secondary which has been absolutely awful.  Hoping they find a way to get Bynum on the field.  I expect we will see the usual every ball thrown at Breeland which it is a mystery how he keeps his spot over Dantzler.  

Well...

...hey, they'll be fresh-ish, and this'll be the collective "prove you belong on the roster/as a starter" moment.  I'd obviously prefer to have Hunter, Griff, Pierce, etc...but, it's a violent sport and injuries are inevitable as hell.

The Vikings have eight defensive linemen available in San Francisco; only two — D.J. Wonnum and Armon Watts — have previously started games for Minnesota this season. Sheldon Richardson is expected to start, possibly at defensive end. Defensive tackle James Lynch could get his first NFL start against the run-heavy 49ers.Also available are defensive ends Patrick Jones, Eddie Yarbrough and Tashawn Bower, who was re-signed off the Patriots practice squad this week. Defensive tackle T.J. Smith was elevated from the practice squad.
Defensive end Kenny Willekes remains on the practice squad. He has been cleared to return, but has not played while still recovering from a COVID-19 infection. Safety Josh Metellus is officially active in San Francisco after missing the Packers game because of COVID isolation.
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-49ers-inactives-defensive-line-shuffled-even-more-in-san-francisco/600121630/

Early in the game, but D-Line holding up.