Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember the good ole days?
of about 3 months ago. 

Training camp 2021 where the focus was on making fun of the Pack and their ongoing Karen Rodgers situation....ah the good ole days!

Where we all would calculate a double-digit win totals and a top 10 defensive ranking easily?

Where Browning was lighting up the "practice field" and Darrisaw was only a few days away from practice with a ding

Where  Irv Smith was probably going to his first Pro Bowl because we all wanted that so much

Where hope springs eternal in training camp.....then....

Preseason happened - worst preseason I can ever remember as a 45+ year fan/close follower (said so at the time so not being revisionists):

Obviously the whole vax crap show that was an international pandemic but somehow my beloved football team owned it...great, my source of relief from the real world is now the source of my frustration.  No need to rehash this whole drama that might likely kill this whole site and the divisions just keep on coming.  

The very weird relationship of Zimmer and Cousins just got even more weird and I didn't know that was possible.  It's not even like a father/son, boss/employee relationship,  it's like a grandfather trying to relate to his step grandson through a mediator.  

Every preseason game was listless crap with many saying it was just preseason and we didn't need to have starters etc.... even though we had a lot of new faces from players and especially coaches/Kubiak/WR/OL...the alarm was going off for me in the preseason with the offense in particular because is was so listless/boring/robotic/inept.  But we always talk about how much talent we have.  If we do have the talent then it is a coaching problem.  But maybe we aren't as talented as we think/thought.

Geez, 3 months later and this organization is in need of whole new tide to right the ship!

Ahh, the good old days,

Making fun of Jamar Chase dropping ball after ball and Karen Rodgers' man bun.  Seems like years ago but no it just keeps unfolding right before our eyes.

My current sport saving grace:  GO WILD!   Big win vs my Penguins.  I got into hockey only about 15 years ago with the Pens AHL team and season tickets.  I started watching more and more Wild about 2 years ago,  I only watch NFL and now NHL.  Talk about a team that plays with heart and energy and has won 7 of their 8 games in comebacks.   Right now they are still behind my Pens on my fan list but that might be because I don't want my Viking curse to carry over.

Another thing that is bugging me is that Cousins made it seem like he is not allowed to call time outs and Zimmer was saying the opposite. Definitely weird to say the least. There is a lot of chaos and nonsense with the Vikings right now. Don't know what is going to happen there. What a crazy 3 months.

I am with you on hockey. Let's Go Wild. Crazy number of OT games but they are winning. What a difference a couple of buyouts and some youth make. I am definitely enjoying hockey right now. 

A year or two from now, a tell-all book may come out on these nationally televised masturbations.

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
A year or two from now, a tell-all book may come out on these nationally televised masturbations.
Wouldn't that mean we finished strong?

yeah i was trying to have hope for the timberwolves, but thats quickly losing steam. 

We are 17th in points scored per game
We are 17th in points given up per game. Is this purgatory? I feel like puking. Watching this team is like eating stale Doritoes and washing it down with warm beer. 

Funniest thing though?  We are not out of it until we lose 2 more conference games.