Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 and 9 in OT
The offense has been brutal in the second halves of most game this season. 

Even if he had all day to throw where was that play going?  They had two WRs running into the exact same space and I have no idea what kind of route the 3rd WR was running.  Biggest play of the game and we are not in a wide set forcing the defense to spread out.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
Even if he had all day to throw where was that play going?  They had two WRs running into the exact same space and I have no idea what kind of route the 3rd WR was running.  Biggest play of the game and we are not in a wide set forcing the defense to spread out.  
A good QB would have seen that and called a time out or just changed the play.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@JR44 said:
A good QB would have seen that and called a time out or just changed the play.
There has been a back and forth between Zimmer and Cousins about whether or not he gets to call timeouts. I have to wonder about that. If he can't call a timeout, that's ridiculous. If he can and didn't, that's messed up. If they don't trust him, then what the hell are they doing?

Nobody open anyway. Baltimore brings 7, Conklin and Cook stay in to block. Three receivers covered by 3 corners in man and a single high safety. Nothing there. 

One could argue that the Vikings are being aggressive here. You could also argue they're being stupid. I've said this a million times but I don't think this team gets the rhythm of play calling: be aggressive after a big play. A turnover. A big Dalvin chunk run. Your offense is filled with swagger, confidence. And the defense is reeling. That's when you bring out the dagger. 

3rd and 9 in OT? You're desperate and they know it. Just get the ****ing 1st down. 

Kirk---:"That play was on me, I was hoping at least two of the rushing defenders would run into each other buying me time for our 7 second down field play to develop to fruition."

Klint--"  Hey I've had my play sheet upside down the whole game.  I hope nobody noticed."