Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So….What’s up with Cam and Zimmer?
Pretty embarrassing indeed. Breeland is 30.4 and Peterson is 59.4 so far this year. To put that in perspective...
Green Bay - Jaire Alexander is 76.5 and Kevin King is 50.4
Detroit - Amani Oruwariye is 50.2 and Bobby Price is 63.2
Chicago - Jaylon Johnson is 77.3 and Kindle Vindor is 47.8

Looks like the entire division is off to a rough start with its corners but the Vikes clearly have the two worst starters

PFF had Breeland graded 133rd out of 133 guys this past weekend.

To my eyes, Dantzler is much better than Breeland, so I wish he was playing.
If Zimmer legitimately thinks (or knows based on practice) that Breeland is better, than sure keep running him out there. But if this is a tough love/teach him a lesson type of benching than it's time to kiss and make up and get Dantzler back out there. We need to beat Cleveland.

I don’t think it’s that complicated.  They spent FA money to bring in a veteran CB
because our young CBs were struggling. 
They were not going to abort that plan after 2 games.  3 weeks in a row however is the start of a
trend, so I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Dantzler get his chance this
week, but that might be off the table having run his mouth.

There is the side effect that if you upgrade Dantzler you
also have to figure out how to compensate on Special Teams.

I have not been impressed with Breeland so far. He tends to be in the right area, but can't make the play sort of like when Rhodes was going down hill. Teams also seem to be singling him out and the Vikings have not been doing a great job of giving him help over the top. I'd prefer to see Dantzler out there, but he's vague posting like Diggs and isn't doing himself any favors.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I don’t think it’s that complicated.  They spent FA money to bring in a veteran CB
because our young CBs were struggling. 
They were not going to abort that plan after 2 games.  3 weeks in a row however is the start of a
trend, so I wouldn’t have been surprised to see Dantzler get his chance this
week, but that might be off the table having run his mouth.

There is the side effect that if you upgrade Dantzler you
also have to figure out how to compensate on Special Teams.
Defense plays about 50 snaps a game,   specual teams about 7 to 10 total.  Personally I would rather have the better corner on defense and worry about special teams later.

This is Zimmer 100%. He’s done this nonsense since he’s been coach. It drove me absolutely crazy when he’d play Andrew Sendejo over Anthony Harris. He wasted Harris’s best years playing a reckless Sendejo (who had a penchant for hurting our own guys). They weren’t even close talent and skill wise. 
Zimmer plays favorites and it sucks. That’s how we see players that hardly belong in the league start for him and far superior players riding the bench. Dantzler is just another example of Zimmer’s ridiculous mentality. It hurts the team and has no business in the league. It’s about winning, period, end of story.