Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: 20 years ago today...
Not talking about Sgt Pepper...

One of those moments where you remember where you were. Probably the last time we were so united as a country. 

We'll be lighting a memorial candle today. 

[Image: Visit-Tribute-LightJL_911TRIBUTELIGHTS_20.jpg]

It was a horrific thing. I remember being at work and while this was happening, the unknown was what else was going to happen? When the plane went into the Pentagon, all bets were off. It seemed so coordinated and well planned that all the rumors seemed plausible during that day. 

I really miss the twin towers. New York's skyline just isn't the same without them. The new building is gorgeous, but there was something incredibly unique and iconic about two identical rectangles towering above all the others. 

I watched a documentary about them recently. Apparently when they were first built people HATED them. They were mocked by New Yorkers and architects all over the world. One quote was something about how New York's skyline now features many beautiful skyscrapers, and also the boxes they came in. LOL. 

[Image: New-York-World-Trade-Center-before-9-11-...C449&ssl=1]

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I really miss the twin towers. New York's skyline just isn't the same without them. The new building is gorgeous, but there was something incredibly unique and iconic about two identical rectangles towering above all the others. 

I watched a documentary about them recently. Apparently when they were first built people HATED them. They were mocked by New Yorkers and architects all over the world. One quote was something about how New York's skyline now features many beautiful skyscrapers, and also the boxes they came in. LOL. 

[Image: New-York-World-Trade-Center-before-9-11-...C449&ssl=1]
Yes, that doc is on Netflix....a series. Wife and I just finished watching it. Highly recommended as a watch. Incredibly informative with new video, insight, etc. I was surprised how long ago the Towers were in consideration and planning, LONG before they were constructed.

I remember waiting all day for word from my dad and aunt. It didn't feel real at first. It felt like time stood still and then it dragged on. Waiting with my family was just agonizing. I feel for those that lost someone they loved that day. I feel for those that are living through surviving that day. I feel for the first responders that were lost and those who are struggling now. The deep wounds remain. I know there are interviews that were conducted that will be aired. I just read that there are interviews that were conducted with secret service that are available as well. The ripple effect of this day is unlike any other.