Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's going to prove to be the best off-season acquisition?
Quote: @Mattyman said:
Xavier Woods.

Zimmer and his Staff are better than what  Woods had in Dallas.

Then  add playing next to Smith and with P2

It makes sense how, or why, Woods plays better than he ever has.

He's only 26. 
I almost said Woods. I think Pierce will have the biggest impact, but I think Woods will be the under-the-radar addition that surprises us. 

Yea really hoping Darrisaw as well.

No mention of Mac...whom I really like in the slot.  We have 3 new starting CB's - Peterson, Breeland and Mac.  One of those 3 will get a lot of credit if our defense improves (which it has to right?)  But the main problem/credit should go to the Men in the trenches w/ Pierce/Tomlinson.  No more 7TD games for Kamara Smile.   Tomlinson has some pass rush in him as well.  I think these two along with Richardson are going to be a strong rotation but because they rotate and IDL don't get a ton of credit...I will say................drum..roll....

Patrick Peterson - he would be the easy feel good story if our defense improves.  He is a media darling, future HOF, team player you name it.  So I really hope it is one of the CB's becuase that will mean our interior got the job done!

I'm really hoping Pierce and Tomlinson change the personality of the team.  The DLine was so soft last year it was unbearable to watch at times.  I'd love it if opposing teams respected and feared the Vikings D again.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I'm really hoping Pierce and Tomlinson change the personality of the team.  The DLine was so soft last year it was unbearable to watch at times.  I'd love it if opposing teams respected and feared the Vikings D again.
Agreed! This is my hope and choice too.

I would say Pierce in the vast difference vs the run game last year
I would say Tomlinson in his impact to help a run d become a top 5 in the league as well as free up the edge rushers for one on ones
I would say P2 because he to me is Newman 2.0, helpful to young players while playing at a quality level
I would say Breeland because he looks like he could be as good as Xavier 16-17

I really want to say Darrisaw because he looks to have all the tools to be a pro bowl caliber LT for a decade but has yet to hit the field.

The point is, there is a lot of talent on this team this year.  A LOT.  We need to work out the kinks fast and get through the first 5 at worst 3-2, if we do, we will be in good shape as the youngsters get reps, the new players gel, and Kirk feels more comfortable as the season goes on.

I still believe this team can win 12-13 games the year