Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minshew to the Iggles
For a conditional 2022 6th round pick.

Damn, I would have liked him as a backup, especially since it seems he likes being "backed up".

You have to wonder if the Vikings were interested and if not, why. If Cousins goes down this team is screwed. 

One of the best if not the best option for a competitive backup. Quite a blunder in my opinion.

He's a fan favorite. Careful what you wish for here: Hurts isn't a finite thing yet. If he struggles, you'll hear IgglesMoronNation throwing batteries and chanting for the backup. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
You have to wonder if the Vikings were interested and if not, why. If Cousins goes down this team is screwed. 
True.  But it would be a great opportunity to see what we have in Mond.  I thought he looked his best yet in this last game.  Quick decisions, pretty accurate, and he kept his eyes up looking for receivers before he took off to run on a few drop backs.  The only bad ball he had was the one that sailed on his interception.

I would have fully endorsed trading a 6th for Minshew since Browning has not translated his practice play into live action.  Minshew could at least give us "some" hope of a Keenum-esque alternative...  but it's more likely we would still miss the playoffs if Cousins was out for an extended period.

A 6th for Minshew is a steal for any team.  

Iggles now have Hurts, Flacco and Minshew.

Quote: @minny65 said:

some old adage about having 2 starting QBs means you have none.  What does 3 mean.

Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:

some old adage about having 2 starting QBs means you have none.  What does 3 mean.

A premium draft pick…! 
Wink B)  

Quote: @greediron said:
@minny65 said:

I wonder if Flacco gets the boot.