Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Post on this New Board
And they say old dogs can't learn new tricks.

So, we are now t-Minus a month and we are in Mankato for the last time.  That is sad, but I live in Dallas, and they too built a $500k training complex, so the Cowboys will stay in Dallas starting next year, like the Vikings will stay in the Twin Cities.

I don't know how excited to be about 2017.  I liked Bradford last year, but can he really produce like that again?  Can he stay healthy an entire season?  The line has to be improved - how could it not be?  But, by how much?  And, the line depth is awful.  One guy goes down, and we see TJ Clemmings again!

I worry about Dalvin Cook - not his talent, but you don't have that many brushes with the law if you are not sometimes the root of the problem.  I'm intrigued to see if Murray can be effective behind this line, and also interested to see if LaQuon Treadwell is indeed improved.

Who replaces Greenway?   Do we have a punter and kicker?

Was all that noise last year about players having unrest with Zimmer real, or the frustrations of an injury-laden season.

My gut says we are a 9-7 team, but my heart always pulls for 12-4.  At some point, dumb luck has to put us in a Super Bowl!

Hey Tom, another long-lost Tom here.  I've never been to Mankato during TC, but have been there many times, as I've had mucho familia there over the years.  Instead of considering it a loss, I consider it a blessing and a chapter full of memories for Mankato and Vikings fans like me who lived well over a thousand miles away and didn't have the time (or fortitude or commitment, like you and many others...hats off to you) to make the TC pilgrimage to Mankato.  Life goes on.
I like Bradford, I think a 29 year old in the NFL is just coming into his prime.  I do not have stats, but I look at Elway, Manning(P), Favre, Montana, Young and many others...their Super Bowl wins and their best seasons were after they turned 30. Sometimes luck plays into this game...one way or another, good or bad luck.  One year ago, we thought we were in the best OL shape in years....anyone remember "there are 11 guys vying for 5 starting positions"...and then they started dropping like flies.

I am not worried about Dalvin Cook in the same way you are.  I think both guys are motivated and if my crystal ball is not totally smokey...I think both RBs do better in combined (rushing and pass receiving) than our combined 3-headed monster (including AP) last year.  That's a lot of extra passing yardage to the backs, guys.

I really think we are 10-6 worst case scenario.  Wait...let me take off my purple glasses...11-5, no shit you guys, this will really happen.

Cheers, 

Hey Toms... good to hear from you ...both of you... try not to be such strangers.

Hello stranger.
I got all the stuff in the mail and let Brad Johnson know that I am grateful for all the things he gave me!!! I appreciate it all and I appreciate you got it to me.
Thanks Tom

Agree with Jimmy...don't be strangers guys.

Tom-Tom....

Great to see both of you again.  Please post more.

Good to see you back around Tom