Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Would this bug you or delight you?
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
Is she somehow polluting the environment?  Because if its just an eyesore (in the eye of the beholder) the residents and lical government need to get a life. Its none of their damn buisness what she does or how she decorates her yard. 
however... if you had a 2 million dollar home and she did that next to your house and suddenly your relator says your house is devalued by 20% since nobody wants to live next door to a theme park,  IMO its suddenly your business isnt it?

thats how I feel about the wind towers anyway... I dont like people telling me what I can and cant do on my land,  but I can understand if what I do on my land affects them financially or affects their health. 

however all these fuckers trying to move out into ag country and then bitch about smelling cow or pig shit... well they can all eat shit or move back to the city they left.  ( commercial feedlots/confinements are a different matter) 

Gotta disagree.  Your claim to property ends at your property line.  Unless of course there is some sort of pre-disclosed HOA or similar and as long as the neighboring property isn't doing something like polluting the water supply you really have no claim in my book.  If you did own that house next door you could build a fence or plant some trees. 
Not in organized counties and cities,   there are zoning laws and building codes established to protect existing property owners from seeing their investments ruined by shitty neighbors.  Hell local planning and zoning boards will often implement building material and color limitations for certain types of structures to keep from devaluing areas.
Hell, I had to start putting my lawn clippings container on the side of the house instead of the front. But I also live under the tyranny of an HOA. 
I dont care how much I like a neighborhood,  I could never live within the confines of an HOA,  at least not some of them I've heard about.  Sounds to much like a rich school PTA except with more authority.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
Is she somehow polluting the environment?  Because if its just an eyesore (in the eye of the beholder) the residents and lical government need to get a life. Its none of their damn buisness what she does or how she decorates her yard. 
however... if you had a 2 million dollar home and she did that next to your house and suddenly your relator says your house is devalued by 20% since nobody wants to live next door to a theme park,  IMO its suddenly your business isnt it?

thats how I feel about the wind towers anyway... I dont like people telling me what I can and cant do on my land,  but I can understand if what I do on my land affects them financially or affects their health. 

however all these fuckers trying to move out into ag country and then bitch about smelling cow or pig shit... well they can all eat shit or move back to the city they left.  ( commercial feedlots/confinements are a different matter) 

Gotta disagree.  Your claim to property ends at your property line.  Unless of course there is some sort of pre-disclosed HOA or similar and as long as the neighboring property isn't doing something like polluting the water supply you really have no claim in my book.  If you did own that house next door you could build a fence or plant some trees. 
Not in organized counties and cities,   there are zoning laws and building codes established to protect existing property owners from seeing their investments ruined by shitty neighbors.  Hell local planning and zoning boards will often implement building material and color limitations for certain types of structures to keep from devaluing areas.
Hell, I had to start putting my lawn clippings container on the side of the house instead of the front. But I also live under the tyranny of an HOA. 
I dont care how much I like a neighborhood,  I could never live within the confines of an HOA,  at least not some of them I've heard about.  Sounds to much like a rich school PTA except with more authority.
You'd be surprised at what people will put up with to live in certain school districts, go to certain schools or get the wetland views instead of looking at your neighbors 24/7:

Dues every year for $ that goes I dont know where
Housing siding, roofs and cladding need to conform 
Landscaping needs to conform
NO fencing
NO sheds
NO crapping on Tuesday
Sex only on Wed 12-7

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

And there shouldn't be.  I can see if you want to zone something commercial vs residential but even that seems to push to far into what I think government should have a say in and what they shouldn't.

Its completely bullshit to tell people what color or how many ft2 or any of the other ridiculous things people put up with.  I guess thats why I don't live in the city.

@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

You'd be surprised at what people will put up with to live in certain school districts, go to certain schools or get the wetland views instead of looking at your neighbors 24/7:

NO fencing
NO sheds
NO crapping on Tuesday
Sex only on Wed 12-7

If your name is Carl, crapping day and sex day coincide

@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

NO fencing
NO sheds
NO crapping on Tuesday
Sex only on Wed 12-7

AM or PM?

No Fin way I would live in an HOA.  I moved outta the city and now have an HOAV.   Hilltop Overlooking A Valley

@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:

NO fencing
NO sheds
NO crapping on Tuesday
Sex only on Wed 12-7

Is that 12-7 minutes?

I'll have to brush up on baseball.