@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@MaroonBells said:
Yes. Yes it is. I'm actually quite happy the GQP has kicked out one of its few remaining members who had any sort of ethical foundation, or sense of right and wrong. It merely expedites their demise. 

Because I agree: it's very possible that when it all blows up, the party will have to return to its roots. The country is better served with two parties that debate important issues such as healthcare, climate change, tax policy and size of government, instead of stolen elections, lizard people and Jewish space lasers.  

There you go again.  You know how many batshit crazy liberal quotes I can think of?  None.  The more crazy shit AOC and her band of brainless say, the easier it'll be for someone to beat them.

I mean I really don't get it Marroon?  You were in the dumps for 4 years over Trump and now he's out of office, yet still occupying that much head space?  You gotta find a hobby or something.  Do some gardening?  Go to the gym?  Get a list of honey do-es?  Hell I got back into Lego over Covid.  If you're into nasa/space and did lego as a kid check out Bricks in Space on facebook.  I built the entire space race in 1:110 scale and have a quite a few more projects cooking. 

Stay healthy my friend!!!
I don't know what you mean by head space. Sure, Trump was an embarrassment to American history. Like all of us, I went back and forth between anger, disbelief and LMAO. 

That it CONTINUES ON among so many who know better is really hard to believe though.  Wouldn't you agree? That Liz Cheney was ousted from leadership for simply telling the truth is a pretty remarkable thing, dontcha think? 

Head space is the amount of neurons you're still using worrying about Trump.  He's done.  He's largely gone.  You hated him.  We get it.  We're already 1/2 a year into the Biden administration.   It probably doesn't require a daily thread on how awful  you thought Trump was. 

As for Liz Cheney.  I don't care. 

You shouldn't either.  Why would you care if the republican party blows itself up?  Sit back and watch the fireworks. 
...and that's what we're doing. Nothing wrong with posting the fireworks for all to enjoy and truly appreciate just how stupid it all was for four years...and continues to be. It's really no different than watching the train wreck in slow motion happen in Green Bay. It's at once shocking, hysterical and more fun than a ferret in fondue.

But if denigrating the Q-crowd is upsetting to you, we can stop. 
the issue is you equate anybody you disagree with as the Q crowd, or what ever group you are able to broadly tie to anybody that disagrees with you,  and that is denigrating to everybody that disagrees with you,  regardless of their association with what ever cat you decide to kick that day.   you think anybody that supported Trump in any fashion,  or doesnt toe the liberal party line,  is a whack job and you take every chance you can to lump them in with those that are truly off the reservation.
No, I'm not and I've explained this to you before. I'm talking about the Q-crowd. I'm talking about people who think the election was stolen, who believe in bamboo ballots from southeast Asia. I'm talking about people who think that Donald Trump is waging a secret war against a global Satanic ring of pedophiles, was the true winner of the 2020 election, and will be placed in his rightful throne on March 4th....or March 20th....or at some point in the future. 

As you know, there are many folks who voted for Trump who don't believe this nonsense. I'm talking about those who do. I'm talking about people who supported the ouster of a woman who dared to call them out on this nonsense. I'm not talking about you.

Or am I? 
You believe every word you just wrote there dont’cha bud?
Which part do you not believe? 

Every single bit of it.  That you believe there is this crowd on this board (which you imply every time you type it) that is somehow tied to Q and that we all think socially unjust hamsters, dressed as rambo, riding dinosaurs with Jewish space lazes, stole the election from Trump somehow. 

I wont pretend to speak for everyone but I can pretty confidently say that nearly every "Not Liberal" person on this board doesn't believe any of that shit yet you come on here EVERY SINGLE day with some new story about how bad Trump is/was and how right you are. 

He lost.  He is gone.  He doesn't even have social media accounts anymore.  Quit clicking on the clickbait shit and posting it here like its some sort of new revelation. 
What does this board have to do with it? I really don't think anyone who posts nutty things Q-balls and Trumpists say and do is referring to anyone on this board. That's a pretty crazy, vain thought if you do.

Reading Jimmy post it seems my take was almost exactly the same as his? 

That rabbit hole that those Qballs went down.  You've gone down one just as deep with all your crazy BS. 
What crazy BS are you referring to? LOL. You are a trip, man. I honestly have no freaking clue what you're talking about. Do we need to bring in radar to let us know when you're approaching a point? 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
New anti-Trump group of Republican leaders threatens to leave if GOP doesn't reformGroup unveils manifesto that pledges to 'reimagine' the GOP or create 'an alternative' party
Fox News Flash top headlines for May 13
In the wake of conservative Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming's ouster from her House GOP leadership position, roughly 150 Republican or former Republican leaders who are opposed to former President Trump's continued strong grip over the GOP have signed a letter threatening to leave the party if it does not reform and return to its "founding American principles."

The group's statement of principles – titled a "Call for American Renewal" – was unveiled Thursday. It outlines 13 principles to guide a "rebirth of the American cause."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-tr...p-mcmullin
Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the GOP. Maybe in 10 years we'll look back on this era of Trumpism like we do the tea party. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
New anti-Trump group of Republican leaders threatens to leave if GOP doesn't reformGroup unveils manifesto that pledges to 'reimagine' the GOP or create 'an alternative' party
In the wake of conservative Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming's ouster from her House GOP leadership position, roughly 150 Republican or former Republican leaders who are opposed to former President Trump's continued strong grip over the GOP have signed a letter threatening to leave the party if it does not reform and return to its "founding American principles."

The group's statement of principles – titled a "Call for American Renewal" – was unveiled Thursday. It outlines 13 principles to guide a "rebirth of the American cause."
Maybe there is a glimmer of hope for the GOP. Maybe in 10 years we'll look back on this era of Trumpism like we do the tea party. 
It's inevitable imo...

I really would like some beach of conservatism I could rest my weary bones on in retirement.

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

It's inevitable imo...

I really would like some land of conservatism I could rest my weary bones on in retirement.

OK, but when you do, be sure to thank liberalism for fighting to defend your medicare and social security.  Wink

this would be the best thing that could happen to both major parties for the country's best interest.  To much corruption and outside control of both parties, it would be much harder to dictate legislation if we had 4 or more parties that would have to all be bribed and bought IMO.

As long as Citizens united v fec stands good luck.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
there is a lot of laws and rulings the should be changed regarding campaign financing, and other shit.  the machine that runs DC is only concerned about protecting the machine the runs DC.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
there is a lot of laws and rulings the should be changed regarding campaign financing, and other shit.  the machine that runs DC is only concerned about protecting the machine the runs DC.
That case was a total change of direction, secret money being free speech, yeah right.  The Roberts court will be known for this.  Could have as much impact as Dred Scott.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
That case was a total change of direction, secret money being free speech, yeah right.  The Roberts court will be known for this.  Could have as much impact as Dred Scott.
I think there should be complete campaign finance over haul... but how do you stop it?   even if they dont directly contribute all they have to do is funnel the money to the candidates in some other fashion like million dollar speaking engagements,  the same goes for the indirect campaigning like this case was about,  I dont buy the free speech aspect either in regards to this shit,  but its hardly the first time a court has tortured the constitution to support a ruling.  our election system is a joke,  what Trump alleges is likely the least offensive shit that could be taking place even if it were true.