Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JONES II

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
He's right in the mold of Wonnum/Weatherly he isn't a true every down book-end opposite of Danielle. He does offer more upside than the rotational ends we have now. If there is one criticism I have, they should have taken a 3rd and went into the end of the 2nd to get Basham in hindsight. But like I said its being overly critical. 
Spielman said they tried to get into the second, but the cost was too high this year. And then they stayed where they were as players fell that were still rated highly on their board. Lastly then he mentioned trading down just didn't have the value as the players are lesser than, so this wasn't the year to have 9 seventh round draft picks. Teams were holding their picks.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
He's right in the mold of Wonnum/Weatherly he isn't a true every down book-end opposite of Danielle. He does offer more upside than the rotational ends we have now. If there is one criticism I have, they should have taken a 3rd and went into the end of the 2nd to get Basham in hindsight. But like I said its being overly critical. 
Yep. Agree. But you can't trade up if no one wants to trade down.

Jones has a chance to be very good. Thought of as a late 1st rounder by many early on, but then had a terrible draft season. Couldn't beat anyone in Senior Bowl practices and then pulled a hammy on his pro day. 

[Image: h4p2oy2jio5y.jpeg]

One of 17 guys who could be the first one off the bus.