Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Tramaine Brock
Quote: @"El_Padre" said:
Sounds like he might have some discipline coming for Personal Conduct?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ine-brock/
I was wondering about that. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Goodell decides.

Word is, he's a very good get for the Vikings

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:
I wonder whose spot he's going to take....Exum's maybe? I thought he was having a good preseason.
I thinking he could be taking Mac's spot. He is better suited for the outside anyway.
Plus Mac is probably in Zimmers dog house for that taunting penalty 
And his overall crap play when not getting flagged...  I rooted for this kid but he has had chance after chance to improve and it's just not there.  Can't really wait another season.  Hell we're already going on 3 seasons of Waynes NFL career do we really have time for another project to develop?  Needed more help in the secondary and Mac wasn't providing it after many chances to.  That's a first (Waynes #11) and second round(54th) picks for the secondary that are struggling to see the field.  Not good. 

He's an experienced plus athlete CB with some baggage.
Guy does have skills.
Vikes are prolly cautiously optimistic about him.

Seems like a nice return for a 7th.  It dawns on me that the Vikings now have only 5 picks left in the 2018 draft.  Our 4th is gone to Philly for Bradford, and now our 7th is Seattle's.  Leaving the Vikings with only 1,2,3,5,6.  This leaves the Vikings with 2 options:

1. Hope we get some comp picks

2. Trank Spielman and shove him in a closet for the draft before he trades our 1 down to round 4  :p

This move is pretty damning for Alexander... But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him one year and two preseasons into his career...Brock is looking like a steal/calculated gamble...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
This move is pretty damning for Alexander... But I'm not ready to throw in the towel on him one year and two preseasons into his career...Brock is looking like a steal/calculated gamble...
That's probably a smart move...   I'm just tired of our front office drafting guys who are a few years away from helping the team take that next step.  2016, coming off of an 11-5 season and clearly needing help in the secondary(after already drafting a CB at 11 in 2015 and he somewhat helped in 2016 after he was picked) we picked this guy... and, well everyone knows how that's worked out so far.

He's young and could become a good defender.  BUT he needs to get his head on straight and put the effort in.  Doesn't matter if you knock the ball away IF you get flagged for being juvenile and stupid and give the opponent a first down anyway.(fairly sure this wasn't his first flag for doing something like this either)  Until he shows that he can play and play smart, I don't care if he's cut, traded away or moved to the practice squad.  He's a liability anytime he's on the field and teams that win consistently just don't have players like that.  Players that get flagged are usually good enough make up for them and coaches/fans have to deal with it.  Mac is a long ways away from that, and I'm glad the Vikings traded for proven help.    

I remember when he played for the 49ers.  He came out of nowhere and claimed one of the starting CB positions within his first couple of years.

Sounds like they were going after this guy in FA and he choose the Seahawks. Either way, its needed depth and time while Alexander figures his shit out or works himself off the roster.

I hope for the former...

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Seems like a nice return for a 7th.  It dawns on me that the Vikings now have only 5 picks left in the 2018 draft.  Our 4th is gone to Philly for Bradford, and now our 7th is Seattle's.  Leaving the Vikings with only 1,2,3,5,6.  This leaves the Vikings with 2 options:

1. Hope we get some comp picks

2. Trank Spielman and shove him in a closet for the draft before he trades our 1 down to round 4  :p
Not funny. Why? Because it's almost a mortal lock that Rick will trade right out of the sweet spot of the Draft to recoup picks exactly like he did this year.

But the bigger picture is the point Zerk made: Is Zimmer really a CB Whisperer?

He drafted some CBs high in Cincinnati that didn't work out too IIRC. 

Maybe he's strictly a Veteran CB Whisperer. Both for onfield performance slippage (Newman before he got to the Bengals) and off the field issues (Pacman Jones). That would bode well for this kid Brock.

It would also be a great asset for the Vikings IF Mike realizes he works better with vets and stops taking CBs so high.

Imagine a world where the Vikings know they can always find veteran cast-offs to pair with Rhodes and use those high picks on something like, oh I don't know, Offensive Tackles?

But back on topic, this is a good move by the Front Office. If they can find a Veteran LB also or even another viable O-Line piece I'd be a real happy camper.