Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Vikings go OL In 1st Round
If Vikings do go offensive line in first round, then the RDE is either Weatherly or Wonnum. I don’t know about that.

Quote: @"Lee 19" said:
If Vikings do go offensive line in first round, then the RDE is either Weatherly or Wonnum. I don’t know about that.
If the Vikings go DE in the first round, then the LG will be Dozier or Cole. I don't know about that. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"Lee 19" said:
If the Vikings go DE in the first round, then the LG will be Dozier or Cole. I don't know about that. 
And Hill at LT? I don't know that.

It will likely be a rotation on that side. This is one of the reasons I lean toward an OL/DE combo instead of a DE/OL combo. OL's obviously don't rotate. But a Weatherly, Wonnum, D2/D3 combo can be a pretty effective rotation. We just need a Robin for our Batman. 

That said, you can make a similar argument for the reverse, but that one depends on Udoh being ready to start and I have no idea what the team thinks about that. You could feasibly add nothing to the OL and still field an improved line with O'Neill-Cole-Bradbury-Cleveland-Udoh.

Who they draft at 14 will tell us a lot about what they think of Udoh, Wonnum, etc. 

If the Vikings ignore the offensive line AGAIN, I don't know about how I'm not going to have a fan meltdown that can be seen from space via satellite. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
If the Vikings ignore the offensive line AGAIN, I don't know about how I'm not going to have a fan meltdown that can be seen from space via satellite. 
Vikings haven't really ignored it though. They brought in Reiff and they've drafted OL in either the 1st or 2nd round the last three years in a row. I suspect they'll add another this year. If they do, that will be four of the five OLs with a 1st or 2nd round pedigree. You won't find too many lines with that kind of investment made. 

We just need this young line to get some experience and continuity, but the future looks good. 

Our OL was bad last year. Our defense was bad last year.
One of these things has been significantly upgraded this offseason, and one looks to have gotten worse.
OL is the sensible selection and the one I think the Vikings will make.

Did you see our OL last year? Do you see who is coming back on D and who was signed via FA?

C'mon man

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Lee 19" said:
Did you see our OL last year? Do you see who is coming back on D and who was signed via FA?

C'mon man
and the year before that.... 
and the year before that...