Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eichenberg
If we end up trading down, I would be a very happy camper if we took Eichenberg. I like Darrisaw, but he continues to rise up draft boards
and may get selected before we pick at 14. Sewell and Slater are locks to go before we pick as well. I like Eichenberg's skill set and his
consistency and he would be an instant Day 1 starter on the OLine. 

https://www.nfl.com/videos/2021-nfl-draf...highlights  

There are a lot of intriguing offensive line prospects towards that tail end of the first round and Eichenberg is in that group.  A player that's intriguing to me is Teven Jenkins from Oklahoma State.  He is projected currently to go anywhere from #20 to the top half of the second round. 6'6"/320 and has played both tackle spots. Long arms and plays to the whistle.  Watch this film, but check out the block at the 2:40 mark where he completely obliterates a defensive lineman. 

Teven Jenkins Plays Football like He's Angry - YouTube

I think Sam Cosmi would be perfect for this offense and I like him better than all the tackles except for Sewell.

[Image: u73sek2o7zmo.png]

I'm just looking at the talent at offensive tackle in this draft and it's deep.  From about pick #20 on (no particular order);

Teven Jenkins
Samuel Cosmi
Jalen Mayfield
Dillon Radunz
Alex Leatherwood
Walker Little
Liam Eichenberg

All these guys are starters somewhere along your line.  If the Vikings traded down and targeted an OT...I feel very good that they would walk away with an excellent player

Is this the year to double down on OL?  Have an extra in the pipe to replace whatever veteran we sign to play LT or OG in the next year or 2,  or as insurance in case we can't get ONeill to agree to terms.

We still need depth at other areas but with OL being the strength of this draft why not take advantage and fortify a decades long weakness?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Is this the year to double down on OL?  Have an extra in the pipe to replace whatever veteran we sign to play LT or OG in the next year or 2,  or as insurance in case we can't get ONeill to agree to terms.

We still need depth at other areas but with OL being the strength of this draft why not take advantage and fortify a decades long weakness?
Yes, and you could also argue that we should also add another quality WR with one of our earlier picks since the talent is deep in this draft as well. Unfortunately common sense flies out the window when talking about Spielman and Zimmer's strategy towards the OLine.  

Leatherwood is going to be a mauler in the NFL...Very little hype for him. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

Yes, and you could also argue that we should also add another quality WR with one of our earlier picks since the talent is deep in this draft as well. Unfortunately common sense flies out the window when talking about Spielman and Zimmer's strategy towards the OLine.  
I would say we should be looking at a solid vet ( LFj ) and a day 2 rookie at WR.   I know people say AT AT AT,  but he is at the age where WRs show pretty steep fall off,  and he has taken some serious hits in the past and those have a cumulative affect that shows in the 30s as well.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I'm just looking at the talent at offensive tackle in this draft and it's deep.  From about pick #20 on (no particular order);

Teven Jenkins
Samuel Cosmi
Jalen Mayfield
Dillon Radunz
Alex Leatherwood
Walker Little
Liam Eichenberg

All these guys are starters somewhere along your line.  If the Vikings traded down and targeted an OT...I feel very good that they would walk away with an excellent player
This list you wrote up is why I wasn't shocked when they moved on from Reiff. OT is much deeper than DT so being able to swap out Reiff for Tomlinson can lead to both needs being filled by "better" players. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Teven Jenkins
Samuel Cosmi
Jalen Mayfield
Dillon Radunz
Alex Leatherwood
Walker Little
Liam Eichenberg

This list you wrote up is why I wasn't shocked when they moved on from Reiff. OT is much deeper than DT so being able to swap out Reiff for Tomlinson can lead to both needs being filled by "better" players. 
I was surprised from the standpoint that I thought it would be in both parties best interest to rework a deal. Reiff was our best lineman, played that important LT position, and the constent line shuffling every year has not been fruitful for us. I guess we'll shuffle the deck again, but I do like some of the tackle talent this year