Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For DE Prospects
Daniel Jeremah said this is the worst draft class of defensive tackles he’s seen since at least 2003 when he started out as a scout.

[Image: dprqtqj5bsry.jpeg]

Been hearing a lot about o-DANG-bo lately. 86.3 wing span. That's got to be some kind of record. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Been hearing a lot about o-DANG-bo lately. 86.3 wing span. That's got to be some kind of record. 
You won't have him until 22, but talk about a guy who fits our profile. Another guy who lined up all over.

Meanwhile, it came out at the Giants pre-draft presser earlier today that Miami DE Jaelan Phillips, a top 20 prospect for next week’s draft, apparently was not at the follow-up medical testing in Indianapolis earlier this month. Phillips, a one-time blue-chip recruit at UCLA, actually retired from football a couple of years back because of concussions, but made a successful comeback after transferring to Miami. Needless to say, the health issue has been something of a cloud over Phillips’ 2021 draft prospectus and one would think that teams would have been hoping that he received a clean bill of health at the Indy medical testing.

Soooooooooo, that's not good.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
*ahem*

Collins was too good to pass up. Plenty of size to play DE, or take Barr's spot if he is deemed too expensive. Sample is similar to Griffin size wise. Snowden is another guy I can't pass on.
[Image: nFY0N8IZVFJLA.PNG] Post edited by BarrNone55 on February 24
Could Collins be a year-one starter at Edge AND our long-term Barr replacement? 
I definitely think there is non-0 chance they would consider Collins. You would sap of the year-1 impact but he would allow you to sit in your base package quite a bit more and then rotate him down onto the line of scrimmage. To your point, long-term value would be using him to replace Barr. From a value perspective I think Barnes in the 4th+ is a better value for how they'd use the player. But I wouldn't hate Collins based on his talent. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Meanwhile, it came out at the Giants pre-draft presser earlier today that Miami DE Jaelan Phillips, a top 20 prospect for next week’s draft, apparently was not at the follow-up medical testing in Indianapolis earlier this month. Phillips, a one-time blue-chip recruit at UCLA, actually retired from football a couple of years back because of concussions, but made a successful comeback after transferring to Miami. Needless to say, the health issue has been something of a cloud over Phillips’ 2021 draft prospectus and one would think that teams would have been hoping that he received a clean bill of health at the Indy medical testing.

Soooooooooo, that's not good.
I think that was Covid-related. But even if so, they should definitely have him follow-up. Otherwise I wouldn't bother drafting him at all.