Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, Newman
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
Barr's got a fever, and the only prescription.....is more Greg Rousseau
Yeah, he's definitely up there. Him, Darrisaw, and a few others.

I guess my issue with Rousseau is that I didn't see a whole lot of burst on tape from the DE position where he was a constant problem for tackles.  He did most of his damage as a interior pass rusher on passing downs, which is fine, but we are specifically looking for RDE to pair opposite Hunter and he isn't an every down DT at 6'7"/265.  I heard Bucky Brooks on the radio the other day compare him to Jason Pierre Paul but I don't see that same type of burst and freaky athleticism.  Like I said, I'm going to very interested for Miami's pro day to see Rousseau, Phillips, and Roche go head to head in some of these drills
I think I'd compare him to John Henderson or Calis Campbell. Definitely does not have elite burst, but I think it's sufficient. Where he wins is with straight up strength, length, vision, and determination. Run down DE, and inside in passing situations. I'll be interested in his 10 yard split and 3 cone. Miami walked him out and he could cover RBs downfield. So many tools in a very long defender.

I absolutely loved John Henderson coming out of Tennessee.  If we hadn't taken McKinnie being a higher need, Henderson was the guy I wanted. 

I will say this for Rousseau, for a guy that long and lean he packs some powerful hands and deceptive strength. I like him more as a DT prospect but that's going to be a big change not only in position and how he plays, but also a couple year process in bulking up to the point to be an every down player, which is what you want in a top 15 pick. If I remember correctly Campbell came in as a DE buy was already in that 285-290 range so the transition was easier for him. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:

I guess my issue with Rousseau is that I didn't see a whole lot of burst on tape from the DE position where he was a constant problem for tackles.  He did most of his damage as a interior pass rusher on passing downs, which is fine, but we are specifically looking for RDE to pair opposite Hunter and he isn't an every down DT at 6'7"/265.  I heard Bucky Brooks on the radio the other day compare him to Jason Pierre Paul but I don't see that same type of burst and freaky athleticism.  Like I said, I'm going to very interested for Miami's pro day to see Rousseau, Phillips, and Roche go head to head in some of these drills
I think I'd compare him to John Henderson or Calis Campbell. Definitely does not have elite burst, but I think it's sufficient. Where he wins is with straight up strength, length, vision, and determination. Run down DE, and inside in passing situations. I'll be interested in his 10 yard split and 3 cone. Miami walked him out and he could cover RBs downfield. So many tools in a very long defender.

I absolutely loved John Henderson coming out of Tennessee.  If we hadn't taken McKinnie being a higher need, Henderson was the guy I wanted. 

I will say this for Rousseau, for a guy that long and lean he packs some powerful hands and deceptive strength. I like him more as a DT prospect but that's going to be a big change not only in position and how he plays, but also a couple year process in bulking up to the point to be an every down player, which is what you want in a top 15 pick. If I remember correctly Campbell came in as a DE buy was already in that 285-290 range so the transition was easier for him. 

The power really just jumps out at you. Pro day measurements will be interesting. With his opt out year, did he pack on 15lbs of good weight? I'm guessing 272-275, which I'll take. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:

The power really just jumps out at you. Pro day measurements will be interesting. With his opt out year, did he pack on 15lbs of good weight? I'm guessing 272-275, which I'll take. 

Do you project Rousseau more as a DT?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@supafreak84 said:

Do you project Rousseau more as a DT?
Run down DE. Pass down DT.

Plus, he's shown the ability to drop into coverage.