Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
silly reporter...
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@Carl Knowles said:
@Jor-El said: We need to figure out some other causes for the Vikings' inability to rise above mediocrity. 

I don't know,... maybe mediocrity is a byproduct that comes from leadership? 
I've written a poem which sums up this situation, I call it "Guaranteed Money" :

Rick is the leader
the leader who signed Kirk
the last piece of the puzzle he said
I got guaranteed dough she said!
Kirk is having a field day
playing quarterback in his purple lingerie
fans say give back some of the money
Kirk says no that's MY Honey!
and besides
you think Ricky can take more dough and build a championship roster with a good oline and then we win the Super Bowl after 10 years of failing to do so damn you must be out of your flippin' gourd...
Extension time!!!!!!!!!
I think you've broken ground on new poetic syntax here. Haiku-like, but not quite....anaphora usage with 'Kirk' being used as a repeat pattern. This would work well at Spoken Poetry night at Java the Hut, the coffee bar around the corner. 

Me likey.

Kinda has a beatnik feel to it,  bring on a bass rhythm and it comes together.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@comet52 said:
@Carl Knowles said:
@Jor-El said: We need to figure out some other causes for the Vikings' inability to rise above mediocrity. 

I've written a poem which sums up this situation, I call it "Guaranteed Money" :

Rick is the leader
the leader who signed Kirk
the last piece of the puzzle he said
I got guaranteed dough she said!
Kirk is having a field day
playing quarterback in his purple lingerie
fans say give back some of the money
Kirk says no that's MY Honey!
and besides
you think Ricky can take more dough and build a championship roster with a good oline and then we win the Super Bowl after 10 years of failing to do so damn you must be out of your flippin' gourd...
Extension time!!!!!!!!!
I think you've broken ground on new poetic syntax here. Haiku-like, but not quite....anaphora usage with 'Kirk' being used as a repeat pattern. This would work well at Spoken Poetry night at Java the Hut, the coffee bar around the corner. 

Me likey.

Hey when I wrap my griping in artistry you actually enjoy it!  =) :p

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:

I tend to doubt any of us fans can tell if a QB's "leadership qualities" exist or not, and whether they generate victories. People said Sam Bradford lacked leadership, too. I don't know, maybe it was true of both of them. If so - do you really think they will get "it" just by handing back some money? Or, if our franchise truly has suffered through 2 of these greedy "I love money not winning" quarterbacks in less than 5 years...do you blame them, or the guy who acquired both of them?

Bonus question: did Case Keenum have leadership qualities? Did they disappear when he signed a bigger contract??