Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump 3.0?
Any thoughts on the future, will there be criminal or civil charges against Trump?  Sen McConnell hinted that these charges are possible.  I hope so, then hopefully there will be full discovery on what transpired prior to and on Jan 6th.  We'll see what the future holds.

***added question mark in title

"will there be criminal or civil charges against Trump?" 

No.

Liberal Georgetown constitutional Professor chimed in just recently:

“Well, he can be charged, and those statements were refuting of House managers that somehow a president can just get away with it. A president can’t get away with anything that’s a crime,” Turley said of the legality of charging a former president with a crime. “He can be charged, but you have to charge him. so many people say this is an open and shut case of criminal incitement — all right, charge him. I have got to tell you — I have serious doubts that is this would be sustained if not on trial than on appeal. It does not meet, what I see, is the standard under Brandenburg if you’re looking at just the speech.”

Despite the hysterical delusions of the left, Trump will never be convicted of anything.  

I'm particularly interested in what happened with the National Guard.  My understanding is that 6000 NG were offered at least two days before Jan 6th.  All that was required was a request from Speaker Pelosi.  Given that there was credible evidence of possible troubles on the 6th, why did she not request?  There is no excuse for the mob's actions nor is there any excuse for Pelosi's failure to bring in the NG in advance.  Pelosi has some explaining to do...

If we’re going to start charging presidents lets charge Obama and Bush with war crimes. The amount of inocent people those bastards drone’ed is ridiculous. 

Just so we keep it real: Biden is far from perfect.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/...index.html

Trumpers: just because I despise Trump, doesn't mean I then LOVE Biden. I think Biden is a decent man, but some of his policies I knew I wasn't going to like. 

Guess we will have to wait for the Durham report.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Just so we keep it real: Biden is far from perfect.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/politics/...index.html

Trumpers: just because I despise Trump, doesn't mean I then LOVE Biden. I think Biden is a decent man, but some of his policies I knew I wasn't going to like. 
Sounds like you might be my political doppleganger...

I dont love everything about old Sleepy Joe, but I do love he's not Trump. I sure as hell hope we get some good choices in 24. Not holding my breath.