Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can the Vikings learn from the Superb Owl?
Yes, imo GB fans are justified in feeling kinda left out in the tundra with a generational talent like Rogers there - and 1 SB win. Yah, of course we'd take that one lol!

IMO KC cost us dearly last season with his play of the first 6 games.  I'd like to move on from him. But like a house? I aint selling cause I want to move out, I'm selling cause I found a nicer home to move into. 

That said, I'd love the see the Vikes make a move on Lance this draft.  

What can the Vikings learn from the Superb Owl?That even Mahomes II couldn’t win behind our line...! Confused

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
Mahomes has two TDs passes that went right through his WRs hands and hit them in the helmet.  Kelce dropped a long pass that was right in his hands that crushed a drive and ending up leading to a short punt and a Tampa TD.  He had countless other passes dropped.  If just those 3 passes had not been dropped, we would be talking about how the most important thing was to have a mobile QB and that you could win with an average OL.  We did not have a good OL the year we went to championship game yet Keenum's ability to scramble hid a lot of their deficiencies.  The one QB in the game has a super quick release and the other can run, our QB cannot do either.  You can put a wall around him and we are still not going to win. 
Hmmm. Aren't you the guy that said Bridgewater is a winner? He's worse than Cousins, of that there is zero doubt. 

Sitting here comparing a guy like Mahomes, a generational talent and winner, and the GOAT who has 10 Super Bowl appearances and 6 wins to Cousins can be said for the other 30 NFL teams to some degree or another as well. Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest underachievers in recent memory as far as Superbowl wins or even appearances. 

My point is that the QB has to help the OL out just as Keenum did that one year.  Defenses are just too good today, you have to be able to read a defense pre snap, change the play at the line, move in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly, all things that Cousins struggles with.  And despite all that most of his costly interceptions have come with a clean pocket.  

Funny you can make every excuse for Cousins, but then you want to bash Teddy a guy who not only had no OL but not one playmaker this year with their RB out, while Cousins had the best RB in the league and two of the best WRs.  I still would take Teddy any day over Cousins, no doubt for me as well, the ultimate team guy.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
Mahomes has two TDs passes that went right through his WRs hands and hit them in the helmet.  Kelce dropped a long pass that was right in his hands that crushed a drive and ending up leading to a short punt and a Tampa TD.  He had countless other passes dropped.  If just those 3 passes had not been dropped, we would be talking about how the most important thing was to have a mobile QB and that you could win with an average OL.  We did not have a good OL the year we went to championship game yet Keenum's ability to scramble hid a lot of their deficiencies.  The one QB in the game has a super quick release and the other can run, our QB cannot do either.  You can put a wall around him and we are still not going to win. 
Hmmm. Aren't you the guy that said Bridgewater is a winner? He's worse than Cousins, of that there is zero doubt. 

Sitting here comparing a guy like Mahomes, a generational talent and winner, and the GOAT who has 10 Super Bowl appearances and 6 wins to Cousins can be said for the other 30 NFL teams to some degree or another as well. Aaron Rodgers is one of the biggest underachievers in recent memory as far as Superbowl wins or even appearances. 

My point is that the QB has to help the OL out just as Keenum did that one year.  Defenses are just too good today, you have to be able to read a defense pre snap, change the play at the line, move in the pocket and get rid of the ball quickly, all things that Cousins struggles with.  And despite all that most of his costly interceptions have come with a clean pocket.  

Funny you can make every excuse for Cousins, but then you want to bash Teddy a guy who not only had no OL but not one playmaker this year with their RB out, while Cousins had the best RB in the league and two of the best WRs.  I still would take Teddy any day over Cousins, no doubt for me as well, the ultimate team guy.
Agree KC doesnt help the OL nearly as much as Keenum. He is not perfect, not even close. Drives me nuts sometimes. 

Regarding Teddy, if we compare just QB production on the field vs KC? There's really no comparison

KC 2020: QBR 105.1, 35 td, 13 int
TB 2020: QBR    92.1, 15 td, 11 int

https://www.nfl.com/players/kirk-cousins/stats/career
https://www.nfl.com/players/teddy-bridge...ats/career

If you look back at previous years? That same kind of delta holds true comparing the 2.

The real promise of Bridgewater is what he might have achieved here post 2015. His ascension looked pretty good.

He's going to make a lot of $ in this league, but I sense more of a journey man type qb vs franchise guy. 

And of course that brings-up durability. KC has proven to be incredibly durable (knocks wood).

Cousins is a top 8 QB in this league. Teddy never has achieved that level of play and might not ever do so. I think the Panthers are one of those teams that will have a shot at one of the top 4 QB's this draft and probably take it too.  

None of that takes away from Teddy being a great guy. But it's not like KC is Attila the Hun. He's always struck me as sincere, detail oriented, hard worker and high strung type A.  

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

I know, that's why your opinion doesn't hold water with me. It's silly.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

Correction, it is still to you, which doesn't make it silly. I am entitled to my opinion and evaluations.  Teddy was 5-0 as a starter on a good Saints team.  Put Teddy in our offense and his numbers would have been much different than they were this year.  

The one fact remains, in one year Teddy did what Kirk has not been able to do in 3 and that was win the division. Had it not been a for fluke Blair Walsh miss, the playoffs would have been much different that year. The pre season that he got hurt, we were a Super Bowl favorite.  

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

Correction, it is still to you, which doesn't make it silly. I am entitled to my opinion and evaluations.  Teddy was 5-0 as a starter on a good Saints team.  Put Teddy in our offense and his numbers would have been much different than they were this year.  

The one fact remains, in one year Teddy did what Kirk has not been able to do in 3 and that was win the division. Had it not been a for fluke Blair Walsh miss, the playoffs would have been much different that year. The pre season that he got hurt, we were a Super Bowl favorite.  
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no doubt. 

...and yet, he's near top in categories like long pass plays, accuracy, play action, something like 2nd most lethal with a clean pocket...

...and did this behind the 26th rated line, and having to keep us in games despite our 29th rated defense.

You're working REALLY hard on hatred that you're not backing up well.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JR44" said:

He may be the ultimate team guy, but he's barely middling as "NFL level QB guy".  I love the kid and cheer for him any time he's not playing against us...but Cousins is better in every conceivable, meaningful metric.  You'd take him to a series of 6-10 seasons, and he hasn't proven that he can average 1 passing TD per game, yet.

Keenum had a banner year, his best by miles...but a chunk of it was luck, and he wasn't having to get into scoring races as his defense pissed away 30 points per game.  Keenum has not done nearly as well before or since, and he was lucky that he had our only recent "average" rated OL.

Cousins actually rushed more, grew into his role more, and now has won in prime time (all three nights) as well as having a huge playoff win.  The knocks against him are falling, one by one...so the people insisting that he's the same guy that couldn't excel in a bipolar Washington team are determined to ignore the progression he's made since.

The people wanting him gone are completely baffling to me.  He's the most consistent, durable, productive QB we're had in...maybe ever.  He may not have achieved the insane single-season TD total of Culpepper or the heroics of Favre...yet...but, he's near the top in every good QB category in the team's history.  That's simple, tangible truth.