Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we keep voting for people like this?
That is what I thought.  Condemn the GOP for one member having some far out ideas and conspiracy theories.  But ignore the lunacy, racism, anti-Semitism, inciting violence and being under the influence of a chinese spy.

This isn't about whataboutism.  Swalwell was sleeping with a chinese agent, she helped raise money for his election.  Lots of money.  And he sits on the Intelligence committee.  But don't condemn that.  Tell me again about those "values". 

What a joke. 

and anyone that gives Biden a free pass doesn't care about racism.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
He was in office for seventeen years, I suppose in conservative terms that is quick.  Do a quick search for Steve King racist quotes.  Check out how many bills he sponsored or co-sponsored, clue it's about 100 watt incandescent light bulbs.  He has been a piece of work since day one,  
I dont think either party really wants to start playing "who brought the ugliest date" game.
Ask Trump what he thinks about her:

[Image: ABC_ted_cruz_gma_town_hall_04_mm_160418_16x9_992.jpg]

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The elected are just symptoms of a much bigger problem.
yes, considering the majority in the house, white house and their half of the senate, there is a huge problem in this country.

The aforementioned Warnock for example.  SMFH
This might be just me, but I think the side of the aisle that just inspired an attempted coup MIGHT be a bigger problem...
Yeah, no I was already talking about the antifa supporting types.  

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your circle jerk here.  I thought maybe there was an honest liberal in the house.  Guess I was wrong.  

I love the troll that used Maxine Waters quote to get the democrats to condemn violence.  What a bunch of hypocrites.  
I'm a lib on many issues, not all. I sure as heck dont support Antifa or really nasty and evil people like MTG. We might actually agree on that despite being on both sides of the aisle? But I haven't heard you (or any other conservative here on the board) denounce her either. 
Not sure I have here, but yeah, from what little I have heard, she sounds off the deep end.  The Q crap is quite annoying and bizarre.  Don't pay it much attention, but every now and then I see some of it come across my view.  Usually can spot it quite quick.

What I wonder though, are there any on the left that will denounce Waters, Pelosi and others that have incited actual violence?  Rand Paul had quite a list including the shooting at the softball practice.

This is a gross simplification, Ive come to the conclusion there's too many 70+ year old white people still running this country...On both sides of the aisle. 
While this true, let's not pretend that diversity is an equal problem on both sides. In the house, for example, whites outnumber nonwhites about 20 to 1 on team red. On team blue, nonwhites outnumber whites. 
You're wrong by the way.  At least according to statista.com  There are 107 minority and 119 white house members that are democrats and the GOP while less diverse is 1/2 of what you're saying.  Its 10.21/1 not 20/1.  I guess I don't see where you're going with this? 
Are you saying people are racist for electing people from their
districts? 

White people make up 73% of the population as a whole.  It sure sounds like non-white people are over represented in congress.  313 of 439 are white or 71%. (Statista counts the representation from Puerto Rico)  But you could make an easy argument that these GOP members are coming from predominately rural and more white areas in the country.  You'd expect that to be whom they would elect wouldn't you?  Same can be said for urban elections of Democrats.  If the district is significantly more diverse you'd expect them to elect more diverse people wouldn't you? 

https://www.statista.com/chart/18905/us-...ethnicity/

Yep, you're actually right on this one AGR. I was just glancing at the numbers. Whites aren't yet a minority in the blue house. They stand at 52%. And while whites don't quite represent 95% of the red house, they do represent 91%. Huge difference there. Still, I think the point remains. That diversity is not an equal problem on both sides. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
The elected are just symptoms of a much bigger problem.
yes, considering the majority in the house, white house and their half of the senate, there is a huge problem in this country.

The aforementioned Warnock for example.  SMFH
This might be just me, but I think the side of the aisle that just inspired an attempted coup MIGHT be a bigger problem...
Yeah, no I was already talking about the antifa supporting types.  

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your circle jerk here.  I thought maybe there was an honest liberal in the house.  Guess I was wrong.  

I love the troll that used Maxine Waters quote to get the democrats to condemn violence.  What a bunch of hypocrites.  
I'm a lib on many issues, not all. I sure as heck dont support Antifa or really nasty and evil people like MTG. We might actually agree on that despite being on both sides of the aisle? But I haven't heard you (or any other conservative here on the board) denounce her either. 
Not sure I have here, but yeah, from what little I have heard, she sounds off the deep end.  The Q crap is quite annoying and bizarre.  Don't pay it much attention, but every now and then I see some of it come across my view.  Usually can spot it quite quick.

What I wonder though, are there any on the left that will denounce Waters, Pelosi and others that have incited actual violence?  Rand Paul had quite a list including the shooting at the softball practice.

This is a gross simplification, Ive come to the conclusion there's too many 70+ year old white people still running this country...On both sides of the aisle. 
While this true, let's not pretend that diversity is an equal problem on both sides. In the house, for example, whites outnumber nonwhites about 20 to 1 on team red. On team blue, nonwhites outnumber whites. 
You're wrong by the way.  At least according to statista.com  There are 107 minority and 119 white house members that are democrats and the GOP while less diverse is 1/2 of what you're saying.  Its 10.21/1 not 20/1.  I guess I don't see where you're going with this? 
Are you saying people are racist for electing people from their
districts? 

White people make up 73% of the population as a whole.  It sure sounds like non-white people are over represented in congress.  313 of 439 are white or 71%. (Statista counts the representation from Puerto Rico)  But you could make an easy argument that these GOP members are coming from predominately rural and more white areas in the country.  You'd expect that to be whom they would elect wouldn't you?  Same can be said for urban elections of Democrats.  If the district is significantly more diverse you'd expect them to elect more diverse people wouldn't you? 

https://www.statista.com/chart/18905/us-...ethnicity/

Yep, you're actually right on this one AGR. I was just glancing at the numbers. Whites aren't yet a minority in the blue house. They stand at 52%. And while whites don't quite represent 95% of the red house, they do represent 91%. Huge difference there. Still, I think the point remains. That diversity is not an equal problem on both sides. 
Its not really diversity when most of those elected minorities represent voters that are predominantly minorities themselves.   How many of those blue minorities are elected from dominately white districts?

Well I will credit Greene with one thing - she at least states the obvious of the new GOP .... goodbye conservative Republicans, hello Cult of Trump:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-says-republican-204523147.html

Marjorie Taylor Greene says Republican Party is Trump’s and ‘doesn’t belong to anyone else’
Nathan Place
Fri, February 5, 2021, 12:45 PM
[Image: 7a8a1ea62b2727a1c35fba988aad61b0]
Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene speaks during a press conference outside the US Capitol (Getty Images)
Embattled congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greenestruck a defiant tone on Friday, tying herself closely to former president Donald Trump.
“The party is his,” the Georgia Republican said at a press conference outside the Capitol. “It doesn’t belong to anybody else.”

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
“The party is his,” the Georgia Republican said at a press conference outside the Capitol. “It doesn’t belong to anybody else.”
Republicans are mistaking enthusiasm for numbers.

The cult has been marginalized, driven underground. They don't watch Fox anymore because Fox called Arizona early. Most of them abandoned mainstream social media apps because those platforms wouldn't let them lie with impunity. 

And so you have millions of cultists driven underground, where they will likely become more radicalized. But I think their numbers are dwindling as even THEY begin to question why Trump didn't back them up after the coup attempt. I've even heard some Q-balls question Jewish space lasers and baby-eating lizard people. 

Wait till the Fed trials start and they get a taste of the Trump loyalty reward benefits, one word "Suckers".