Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: RIP Cicely Tyson
This woman was a true legend. Her memoir was just released 2 days ago. What a life well lived. Queen!

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/statu...56000?s=20

She's done so many things, but Roots had such an impact on my teen self, she will always be Kunta Kinte's mom. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
She's done so many things, but Roots had such an impact on my teen self, she will always be Kunta Kinte's mom. 
Yes, that was incredibly memorable. And she was brilliant in it. For me, it's the 'Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman'.  You know the saying that you may not always remember what someone said, but you remember how they made you feel? Well, it was like that for this movie. I was a kid when it was released. But I remember feeling proud as a young, black girl after watching it. Representation matters. I admired her and her contributions every moment after that.

She had such a long and amazing career. She leaves a wonderful legacy. Incredible groundbreaker and powerhouse. She paved the way for so many.

Amazing woman. The room always seemed to light up when she walked in. RIP Cicely!!