Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAY too early 53-man roster prediction
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Skodin" said:
If no Rankins, what about if Geno Atkins was available for $5 million a year?  He might still have juice, def has the knowledge to be effective.  

A DL of Hunter-Pierce-Atkins-Phillips, Fedi, Wonnum, Lynch, Hercules would have added 3 more wins (Seattle, Tennessee, Dallas) to last year's team
Always loved Atkins going back to his Senior Bowl, but he'll be 33 next year, so he'd be more of a bridge. So if we miss on Rankins or a similar player, Atkins would be a nice fallback option to sign for a year or two until we can draft our long-term 3T. But there's no two ways around it. We need a 3T bad, and a starting one. And come to think of it, I probably should've drafted another nose somewhere in the middle rounds for the run downs. Pierce with another fatty next to him would be hard to run against. 

I would love Atkins as an option.  If we drafted DE in the first and kept Fedi, can we look at moving Fedi inside as a rotational player for passing downs.  Would love to draft Rousseau/Phillips/Payne, plus a couple of DL in the 3rd and 4th.
DE rotation: Hunter - Wonnum, Rousseau, Holmes, 4th Rd Pick
DT rotation: Pierce - Atkins, Fedi, Lynch, Hercules, 3rd Rd Pick
Players I never want to see in purple again, Shemar and Jaleel