Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz-Pederson relationship fractured
Trading away a QB that won a Superbowl with Foles, in order to sign  to big $ longterm didn't make sense to me.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
Trading away a QB that won a Superbowl with Foles, in order to sign  to big $ longterm didn't make sense to me.
You know, I thought they should have kept Foles after the SB. They had not yet signed Wentz and could have traded him for a PILE of draft picks. Foles wasn't as talented and sure hasn't done well elsewhere, but in multiple seasons he has been at his best ever with the Eagles - maybe he would have crashed back to earth a la Keenum, but he was loved in the city for winning that first SB. But hey, Wentz had played well for all of 2 seasons in the NFL, he must be a HOFer, right?

It seemed a bit like the Vikings after the 1998 season, when we had Cunningham and Johnson. Denny chose to keep Cunningham, in part because he "had the hot hand" but because Johnson was younger with higher trade value.

Eagles must fire Doug Pederson after he's clearly lost the locker room (msn.com)

The Eagles have no reason not to fire Doug Pederson now that he's lost the locker roomSanders didn't mince words when discussing the Hurts' benching and you know there are several other guys who feel the exact same way. While the Eagles had already been ruled out of playoff contention, every single guy on the 53-man roster goes into a game wanting to come out on top.
They bust their humps in practice throughout that week so they can get the job done. Pederson knows this, yet made the call to put Sudfeld in right in the middle of a close game. Hurts was seen on the sidelines dumbfounded as to why he wasn't on the field. Countless other folks were too.
You can argue about draft position all you want, but as Herm Edwards most famously said, you play to win the game. Pederson put his entire team in a difficult spot with his Hurts decision and it's caused a division in the locker room. Guys are furious at him and now Hurts is probably wondering if his coach even trusts him.
While reports came out recently saying Pederson's job was safe, Sunday's massive failure should make Philadelphia re-think the decision. If you've got players calling out the head coach and even having to be held back from going after him on the field, you know things are chaotic. Pederson will be a legend in the city for bringing the Eagles their first Super Bowl, but it's time for a change.
He's simply got to go.

Not interested in Wentz, but I would take a shot at talking to Houston about Watson who seems to want out.  

I fractured my leg back in the 2nd grade, in the end it didn't mean much.