• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P.J. Fleck drawing NFL head coaching interest
Quote: @comet52 said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
Sounds like something Fleck's agent planted in hopes of a big new extension.
do him and Zimmer have the same agent?
LOL...why, have there been stories planted suggesting Zimmer is drawing interest from college teams??
no,  but last year there was all the hot talk that Zimmer had standing offers if he didnt get a new deal before his existing deal ran out following this season.
Ah, yes, and the rumor that Jerry Jones wanted to hire (or even trade for) Zimmer. 
Yes Jerry did indeed, that's why he delayed the McCarthy hire to the mystification of so many.  And why Mark Wilf issued a strong public denial of any intent to trade Mike.

Too bad, another huge missed opportunity--ditch the coach, get actual draft capital instead of the usual nothing, and promote Stefanski.  Wayyyy too smart for this stodgy, hopeless organization.
I believe they wanted to make that change, but beating the Saints made the Wilfs hold off, and another week passed and Jerry got impatient and the Browns were probably wooing Stefanski. But it is a reason I think Zimmer could yet be in trouble next Monday. Two weeks ago, Mike Olson seemed to have insider info that the Wilfs would dump Zimmer if he missed the playoffs...very interested to hear what's going on..?

Well I was not in favor of extending Zimmer last year and of course not now.

I am ready for change and a whole new approach as an organization.  I have been posting about two organizations that seem to have really nailed thing in the last couple of years but those are focused on drafting QB's like I want us to do.  The Chiefs and Bills essentially came to the same conclusion of taking a chance on a rookie QB even though they had a lot of pieces in place and could have just signed the "good" veteran QB (Cousins) thinking it will put them over the top.  Chiefs had Alex Smith coming of a Pro Bowl and 2 straight division crowns and they still recognized that Alex was not going to put them over the top (Cousins?).  Bills build up a decent Defense with McDermott and then instead of going the "good" veteran QB route they went the Chiefs route of being aggressive and moving up for their guy in the draft.  

This offseason it seems their will be a lot of "good to very good" veteran QB's available to teams that think they are close enough for that QB to take them to the promised land.  Then their is a very deep QB class coming out as well.  Different organization will take different approaches of course.  Our current organization is still fixated on thinking we have a one or two year window.  I do not think that.  I think we will wallow in the warm waters of borderline playoff team that can never put two complete games in a row together to ever go very far. 

So I want change from Top to Bottom and not just with names but with philosophy and approach to winning.  I know many here still think Zimmer is good enough to get us there but I do not.  I am less down on Spelly but if we want to change top to bottom I think he would have to go as well.  Paton is his right hand man so would he be a good GM hire?  If so, I would want Paton new GM to hire his HC etc..   

Lastly, I want to use another organization as an example of a new approach from top down.  The Fudge.  They made drastic changes with a HOF QB.  New GM, new HC, new offensive philosophy and a more balanced team approach.  They do not coddle the HOF but they new they needed change from McCarthy and Ted.  I think the Packers are going to the SB again.  They recognized that what they were doing was not good enough a couple of years ago.  We need to do the same now - IMO.  I am hoping, of course, that it maybe too late for GB to have captured Rodgers at the tail end and win his second but they made the right decision two years ago I think we can all agree to that even with our purple shades.  McCarthy is not a good HC.  I think Zimmer is better but I don't want either.  I want a change from Top to Bottom!

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@comet52 said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
LOL...why, have there been stories planted suggesting Zimmer is drawing interest from college teams??
no,  but last year there was all the hot talk that Zimmer had standing offers if he didnt get a new deal before his existing deal ran out following this season.
Ah, yes, and the rumor that Jerry Jones wanted to hire (or even trade for) Zimmer. 
Yes Jerry did indeed, that's why he delayed the McCarthy hire to the mystification of so many.  And why Mark Wilf issued a strong public denial of any intent to trade Mike.

Too bad, another huge missed opportunity--ditch the coach, get actual draft capital instead of the usual nothing, and promote Stefanski.  Wayyyy too smart for this stodgy, hopeless organization.
I believe they wanted to make that change, but beating the Saints made the Wilfs hold off, and another week passed and Jerry got impatient and the Browns were probably wooing Stefanski. But it is a reason I think Zimmer could yet be in trouble next Monday. Two weeks ago, Mike Olson seemed to have insider info that the Wilfs would dump Zimmer if he missed the playoffs...very interested to hear what's going on..?
Nothing against Mike but if the Viking organization is feeding him their plans then I'm superman and you're my dad lol.   

Also I asked him in that thread what he meant and he didn't respond.  But stranger things have happened and it wouldn't surprise me if they surprise us all in a few days.  I'm just not banking on it.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@Jor-El said:
@comet52 said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:

Nothing against Mike but if the Viking organization is feeding him their plans then I'm superman and you're my dad lol.   

Also I asked him in that thread what he meant and he didn't respond.  But stranger things have happened and it wouldn't surprise me if they surprise us all in a few days.  I'm just not banking on it.
Well...you're at least half right there!

I was very curious about Mr. Olson's cryptic remarks as well. It's very obvious he would like to see Zimmer gone, but he spoke as if he had some source for information. But he has gone quiet. We'll see. Happy New Year, son.