Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S is all of a sudden a major need on this team...
@MaroonBells that's a helluva visual

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Yes, it is. I think the odds of both of them coming back are under 10%. Since Harry's older and we can save $10.2 and be left with zero dead money, always thought that it would be Harry leaving. But Anthony Harris couldn't tackle a rag doll with its pants down on Friday. So who knows.

Another thing is that Harris is not on the estimated $179M cap that we keep hearing about for 2021. So if we want him, we have to add him to that overage. 

Either way, safety will very likely be one of our early picks in the draft. 
I think that there are quite a few pending FAs that are currently on the roster and contributing,  that are not counted towards next years cap due to their FA status.  IIRC its about 20 guys, although some of them are likely just on the roster because they are on IR (Iloka)  but Wilson, Hill, Beebe, Todd Davis, Abdullah, Boone, Jones, Maatafa, Odneigbo, and more that are involved in some way and will have to be resigned or replaced.

Smith is still a very good player.  I've never been big on Harris and thought he was overrated. Unless I was getting Sean Taylor, I would never spend a 1st round pick on a safety. 

Not a surprise when a team consistently neglects the safety position every year in the draft.  You have to go back to 2012 for the last time we drafted a safety higher than the 6th round!  

Ironically out of those 6th/7th round picks, the best one we let go and he is starting for Philly, another testimony to the teams ability to evaluate talent. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Not a surprise when a team consistently neglects the safety position every year in the draft.  You have to go back to 2012 for the last time we drafted a safety higher than the 6th round!  

Ironically out of those 6th/7th round picks, the best one we let go and he is starting for Philly, another testimony to the teams ability to evaluate talent. 
Yeah I was really wanting the Vikes to draft Geno Stone before the Ravens did. Of course I'm somewhat bias but that guy can ball

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yes, it is. I think the odds of both of them coming back are under 10%. Since Harry's older and we can save $10.2 and be left with zero dead money, always thought that it would be Harry leaving. But Anthony Harris couldn't tackle a rag doll with its pants down on Friday. So who knows.

Another thing is that Harris is not on the estimated $179M cap that we keep hearing about for 2021. So if we want him, we have to add him to that overage. 

Either way, safety will very likely be one of our early picks in the draft. 
I think that there are quite a few pending FAs that are currently on the roster and contributing,  that are not counted towards next years cap due to their FA status.  IIRC its about 20 guys, although some of them are likely just on the roster because they are on IR (Iloka)  but Wilson, Hill, Beebe, Todd Davis, Abdullah, Boone, Jones, Maatafa, Odneigbo, and more that are involved in some way and will have to be resigned or replaced.
I don't think the decision to sign any of those guys is keeping the team up at night. 

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"JR44" said:

Yeah I was really wanting the Vikes to draft Geno Stone before the Ravens did. Of course I'm somewhat bias but that guy can ball
I believe Stone was recently released, so he's available.