Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embarrassing stumble to the NFL finish line
Yikes that was gross yesterday. Couldn't watch all of it, had an extra glass of wine because of it.  =)

The details of why have been discussed a ton here so not interested in laying it out, but mercifully the season is near its end. This has to be burning a searing hole in Zimmer's gut watching this helpless D get annihilated game after game. I do expect the team to be much better in 2021, which is what a lot of us said on this board months ago. This season is what it is. Time to put ol' Yeller down. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Yikes that was gross yesterday. Couldn't watch all of it, had an extra glass of wine because of it.  =)

The details of why have been discussed a ton here so not interested in laying it out, but mercifully the season is near its end. This has to be burning a searing hole in Zimmer's gut watching this helpless D get annihilated game after game. I do expect the team to be much better in 2021, which is what a lot of us said on this board months ago. This season is what it is. Time to put ol' Yeller down. 
Couple of glasses of wine?  Smile  It took me two or three large glasses of jack and coke to survive that game...lol

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Couple of glasses of wine?  Smile  It took me two or three large glasses of jack and coke to survive that game...lol
This is my wine glass:

[Image: Big%20Wine%20Glass%20Val_cover.jpg]

I turned it off before the end and b4 the Saints hit 45 in pts...

Thats about as decimated a Vikings defense I may have ever seen.

The result was truly Stecklesque in many ways. 

So maybe Mike needs to take Dre and little Zimmer out-back and quickly put them out of their D coordinator misery?

What are the chances of that???

Situations like this arent all the coaches fault, but what % is this year???

@"ArizonaViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

This is my wine glass:

[Image: Big%20Wine%20Glass%20Val_cover.jpg]

[Image: 44873_large.jpg]
Here's the shot glass I use...3 or 4 or these babies and I'm numb for a couple of days...

Liquor can sometimes help, and it can sometimes make it worse. In my case, it definitely made watching the game worse. It felt like watching some of the Vikings defenses from Tice's days as coach, with a bunch of nobodies running around. Might be able to round up a few guys off this forum and play better than what we saw yesterday.

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
Liquor can sometimes help, and it can sometimes make it worse. In my case, it definitely made watching the game worse. It felt like watching some of the Vikings defenses from Tice's days as coach, with a bunch of nobodies running around. Might be able to round up a few guys off this forum and play better than what we saw yesterday.
Yeah, I'm a 'celebrating and fun' drinking guy, not a 'drown my sorrows' drinker. If a Vikings game starts turning into a shit show, I stop drinking. 

It's funny, going into the 4th quarter, I was like "Wow, this is actually a pretty good game. I did not expect that. 31-27. The Vikings can actually WIN this" Now, of course, the Vikings threadbare defense eventually gave up the ghost, but I was surprised how well the Vikings offense moved the ball on one of the best defenses in the NFL. 

@"PurpleCrush" said:
Yeah, I'm a 'celebrating and fun' drinking guy, not a 'drown my sorrows' drinker. If a Vikings game starts turning into a shit show, I stop drinking. 
I've been a Viking fan now for quite some time and it's led to more of the latter than the former, unfortunately. As far it relates to this team now, if I look at things rationally then I feel a bit better because next season is the true litmus test as far as where we are as an organization.

This offseason is going to be one of the most important in a long time, so if we hit on a few of our draft picks and make the right moves in FA coupled with returning injured players then there's no reason we shouldn't be SB contenders. Some may think that's asking a lot, and it may be, but most teams face those same questions every offseason.

In any event, I am going to erase last night's game from my memory banks and go play my brand new PS5 that the lil lady got me for Christmas.