Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time of possession losses

When you dominate the clock like that, you have to finish off your drives and that has hurt us all year.  The missed kicks ultimately lost this game, but the FGs attempts never should have happened, as we have to punch the ball in for 7 or in our case 6!  We have done a really bad job of having to settle for FGs or in some cases it seems like we are playing for FGs.  

Then again you see the stat that says the Vikings are either the best or one of the best scoring in the red zone. Stats can be so misleading. 

10 missed points by the kicker, 7 point gift TD by the refs for the Bucs, zero pressure on Brady and 2 horrible penalties against Smith and Gladney. Game over.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Then again you see the stat that says the Vikings are either the best or one of the best scoring in the red zone. Stats can be so misleading. 

10 missed points by the kicker, 7 point gift TD by the refs for the Bucs, zero pressure on Brady and 2 horrible penalties against Smith and Gladney. Game over.
I was pretty fired up after they called that penalty on Harrison, especially since there was nothing on the Beebe punt return. At half time I looked over at my wife and said the Vikes have no shot because of things they cannot control. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/stat...96129?s=19
This is a telling stat. I'm not sure what exactly it "tells" but it's not a good thing. There have been what, 224 games in the NFL so far this year? And this has only happened twice? And both times were the Vikings?