Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs?!
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
How on brand would it be to nearly shit the bed  vs the Jags and Panthers, then give the Bucs and the Saints everything they could handle?
Yep, I could see that. But mostly because of NFL parity, especially this year. Just this week Washington beat the Steelers, Giants beat the Seahawks and the Chiefs had to come from behind to beat the Broncos. You look through the games every week and none of it makes sense. 
I could see it happening too. The area that concerns me is the lack of pass rush vs Brady. I think he will be able to rip our defense apart if he has all day to throw...I hope I'm wrong. I dont think the Saints with Brees are anything to be scared about because we know exactly how they like to run their offense with him as QB. Screw it though, win out
Yep, but a bigger concern for me is Kendricks. Haven't heard anything about that, but if he's out, we're going to wish it was Mike Glennon back there. 

The thing about Zimmer is that he tends to play relatively well against QBs he knows. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson. Give him a, say, Nick Foles and he's lost. But none of this matters if we don't have Kendricks covering the under routes. 

I don't see Minnesota beating the Bucs with this D. Bad matchup. But we get the game down here in SoFlo, so I'll be watching.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
How on brand would it be to nearly shit the bed  vs the Jags and Panthers, then give the Bucs and the Saints everything they could handle?
Yep, I could see that. But mostly because of NFL parity, especially this year. Just this week Washington beat the Steelers, Giants beat the Seahawks and the Chiefs had to come from behind to beat the Broncos. You look through the games every week and none of it makes sense. 
I could see it happening too. The area that concerns me is the lack of pass rush vs Brady. I think he will be able to rip our defense apart if he has all day to throw...I hope I'm wrong. I dont think the Saints with Brees are anything to be scared about because we know exactly how they like to run their offense with him as QB. Screw it though, win out
Yep, but a bigger concern for me is Kendricks. Haven't heard anything about that, but if he's out, we're going to wish it was Mike Glennon back there. 

The thing about Zimmer is that he tends to play relatively well against QBs he knows. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson. Give him a, say, Nick Foles and he's lost. But none of this matters if we don't have Kendricks covering the under routes. 
I was thinking the same thing. Kendricks is a big time X factor for this game. I have zero confidence if he's out, and a little more if he's in. Just hope it's a good game

This game feels like a "must win" - and yes I know that is badly overused. But I really think they need to win at least 1 of the 2 upcoming "tough" games (Buccaneers and Saints), and if they can't beat the Bucs, it sure seems unlikely they can beat the Saints. 9-7 seems likely to get one of the wildcard spots, but maybe not 8-8.

Has their been any news about Irv Smith?  “Lower back” can mean a lot of different things. He wasn’t put on IR but in retrospect he could have been, which tells me they are in the the dark as much as we are.  Not a good sign. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
The NFC east is such a fucking joke. It's funny and sad at the same time. If they get in, great. If not, oh well.
We lost to Dallas at home and right now I think NY and Washington would both have a decent chance to beat us. We'd fit right in to a division that is a fucking joke, if the one we're already in somehow doesn't qualify.