Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid Season Rook's & Stuff
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I am not buying that they are going to make the playoffs. If they do, they won't go far. Their game plan is not sustainable. They have got to get rid of salary.
Well, they do have to get rid of salary. And I agree that what they've been able to do the last couple of weeks is not sustainable. But that's part of why I have hope that the Vikings can win most of their remaining games and compete for the playoffs. 

It's because we've been able to do what we've done without much help at all from Kirk Cousins. Now, yes, Cousins is mental weakling who can't be consistent and who doesn't show up often in big games. But he CAN, and will again, have a handful of games where he plays out of his mind. I'm expecting a few of those games coming up. Maybe not against Chicago's defense, but it will happen. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
I am not buying that they are going to make the playoffs. If they do, they won't go far. Their game plan is not sustainable. They have got to get rid of salary.
Well, they do have to get rid of salary. And I agree that what they've been able to do the last couple of weeks is not sustainable. But that's part of why I have hope that the Vikings can win most of their remaining games and compete for the playoffs. 

It's because we've been able to do what we've done without much help at all from Kirk Cousins. Now, yes, Cousins is mental weakling who can't be consistent and who doesn't show up often in big games. But he CAN, and will again, have a handful of games where he plays out of his mind. I'm expecting a few of those games coming up. Maybe not against Chicago's defense, but it will happen. 

Do you honestly see him turning on another gear when the pressure is on? I don't. He is great at handing the ball off. He can go bananas with stats when everything is lined up but if things go off script, he gets rattled easily. I want to be optimistic and generally I am but I am not feeling too confident if he has to be in charge. Until he proves otherwise, he is a game manager. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:

Do you honestly see him turning on another gear when the pressure is on? I don't. He is great at handing the ball off. He can go bananas with stats when everything is lined up but if things go off script, he gets rattled easily. I want to be optimistic and generally I am but I am not feeling too confident if he has to be in charge. Until he proves otherwise, he is a game manager. 
Yeah, I do. It may not be at the right time and it may not be enough to get us to the playoffs, but yeah, I fully expect to see a handful of "good Kirk" in the second half.

Doesn't mean I'm not for moving on from him. Because at the end of the day, he can't be counted on.