Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: OLB Ben Gedeon getting the start tonight
Pretty big for the rookie. The staff likes this guy. He does well tonight, I think he wins the job. 

Second start in a row right? Didn't look good in pass coverage last week. But he gets the rookie pass for now. 

Although Gedeon has shown more than I expected from him, what this really means is that both Lamur and Robinson look like crap, so they're throwing Gedeon at the wall next. 

ouch!

Did he play good enough to win the starting job tonight? I saw him in on a few plays, but he really wasn't noticeable. Neither was Anthony Barr who continues to be missing in action. 

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Although Gedeon has shown more than I expected from him, what this really means is that both Lamur and Robinson look like crap, so they're throwing Gedeon at the wall next. 

I'm afraid this is true.  Lamur was kinda iffy all along, but Robinson was a dark horse.  Well, it looks like he is just not developing fast enough after 3 years.  Time to move on.

It sure feels like we're going to have a MLB (Gedeon, 6-2 244 with questionable pass coverage) starting at WLB and a WLB (Kendricks) at MLB. I realize the official position labels don't always matter too much with players shifting constantly, but I wonder how often Gedeon will actually be in the middle.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
It sure feels like we're going to have a MLB (Gedeon, 6-2 244 with questionable pass coverage) starting at WLB and a WLB (Kendricks) at MLB. I realize the official position labels don't always matter too much with players shifting constantly, but I wonder how often Gedeon will actually be in the middle.
Agree. I've been pushing for Kendricks to move outside since the day he was drafted, and it's just never worked out. Mostly because he's been a pretty solid Mike, and secondly because, as you point out, the labels don't mean as much as they used to. But I would be surprised if next season we don't see Gedeon take over at MLB with Kendricks sliding over to WLB. 

Think Brothers could also be a good MLB. bad luck he pulled a hammy early on.