Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The weirdest season
So many ups and downs on this roller coaster season. I am frustrated and elated. I understood the tank for Trevor was a long shot. Beating the Packers is good and it was great to see Dalvin healthy. But moving forward, that much running is not going to work against high scoring teams. There are still a lot of unanswered questions. There are some signs of life on the OL. The corners are on life support but kudos to Zimmer for the job on defense. I still don't get the co-defensive coordinators purpose. There is still a lot of salary that needs to be dumped. I just wonder what the plan is. Is it a full rebuild yet? 

[Image: 15lpicnqlyql.jpeg]
I’ll take, “monkeys throwing shit” for $100 Alex... Wink B)  

It's hard to think the offensive game plan they ran is sustainable. Cousins looked fine throwing only 14 times - that's the "game manager" role that Zimmer would love to see for his QB. (But is it worth Cousins' salary?) The offensive line looked great, but they were in run-block mode 70% of all plays. Opponents will start stacking the box to bottle up Cook and we'll need to see if Cousins can take advantage of that and if the line can protect him when they have to step back and catch rushers.

I know how I "the fan" views this - and it's a rebuild on the D side of the ball. 

How "they" see it? I have no idea...We'll find out this off-season.

I suspect they tried to unload some vet, big salaries and didnt have many takers. Those are players that'll get unloaded this off-season most likely.  I really thought the 49'ers would have made a play for Rudolph. 

I agree it's an odd season in a lot of ways. We knew that going in, but it still is weird when its happening.