Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The good news is, this is the year to draft a QB!!
Quote: @"Carl Knowles" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I think as much as we want it to be science, there is certainly art involved...Then you've got to be smart on how you use the asset once you've (hopefully) acquire talent.

Carroll with Wilson, Reid with Mahomes, Belichek with Brady are great examples of tailoring systems that play to a strength. 
If the wheels continue to fall off for the Vikings... I would hire Eric Bieniemy to replace Zimmer. Why?

Andy Reid graduated from BYU and got his coaching career started there as a graduate assistant. Patrick Mahomes and Reid are both fans of Zach Wilson. I can see Bieniemy being all in on this kid too.

Bieniemy and Zach Wilson... ad that to your list. SKOL
Bieniemy is definitely a hot coaching commodity. I have personal issues to work through though. Still haven't gotten over 12 men in the huddle in 09 @ Superdome. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Carl Knowles" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I think as much as we want it to be science, there is certainly art involved...Then you've got to be smart on how you use the asset once you've (hopefully) acquire talent.

Carroll with Wilson, Reid with Mahomes, Belichek with Brady are great examples of tailoring systems that play to a strength. 
If the wheels continue to fall off for the Vikings... I would hire Eric Bieniemy to replace Zimmer. Why?

Andy Reid graduated from BYU and got his coaching career started there as a graduate assistant. Patrick Mahomes and Reid are both fans of Zach Wilson. I can see Bieniemy being all in on this kid too.

Bieniemy and Zach Wilson... ad that to your list. SKOL
Bieniemy is definitely a hot coaching commodity. I have personal issues to work through though. Still haven't gotten over 12 men in the huddle in 09 @ Superdome. 
I actually put that on favre,  from flag football on, QBs are taught to count the huddle before they step in...kinda like they are taught not to throw back across their body.

Wilson is a legit QB and one that we should keep an eye one and strongly pursue especially with all or needs. However given we are Vikings and can't have nice things, watch him  get drafted right before us because Spielman is busy trading.  Sad

I would not want Eric Bieniemy.  A coaching change isn't happening but I will continue to say if it did the first call the Wilfs should make is to Stanford coach David Shaw. Super smart and innovative offensively, a winner, knows how to develop QB's, and has Viking ties as his dad was the defensive backs coordinator here twice and assistant head coach under Mike Tice. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I would not want Eric Bieniemy.  A coaching change isn't happening but I will continue to say if it did the first call the Wilfs should make is to Stanford coach David Shaw. Super smart and innovative offensively, a winner, knows how to develop QB's, and has Viking ties as his dad was the defensive backs coordinator here twice and assistant head coach under Mike Tice. 
I agree with the Bienemy take. Daboll (Bills), Shaw (even though it will be an uphill battle to move him Stanford which he calls a destination job), Pep Hamilton are mine. All these coaches have worked with/developed young qbs, coached with tough defenses and been on very successful teams.
Others I also like but need to wait till end of season: Colts DC Matt Eberflus and Joe Brady Panthers OC.