Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer Should be fired
Period....

That was the worst coaching decision I've ever seen

Blow it up

Not sure if he should be fired. People would be praising him for coaching to win if the play worked, but it was a risky call that backfired. Worse was that the D was not able to step up and let Seattle convert on two 4th downs. Dantzler had a bad second half, I think he can be a good CB with time, but he was out of position too much.

Dantzler on Metcalf is not a fair fight, not this year anyways...

What's the point of firing him now? Who takes over?

Kubiak blew it on the run right---they couldn't stop us for less than 3 yards to the left all night and we run right into their teeth on the right when we needed it most

Mattison gets that one yard and everyone's singing a different tune.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:

100%. Zimmer would be getting kudos for a killer instinct and putting his foot on their throat. The coaching staff had to be physically ill looking at that hole Mattison missed. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"PurpleCrush" said:

100%. Zimmer would be getting kudos for a killer instinct and putting his foot on their throat. The coaching staff had to be physically ill looking at that hole Mattison missed. 
It's baffling. I thought Zimmer and Kubiak coached a helluva game. There was that bum rush early in the second half that took the sails out of our wings for a bit, but they didn't panic and stuck to their gameplan and it almost worked out for them. Gotta give kudos to the Seahawks, they made some incredible plays on that last drive.

Had Dantzler turned around a bit earlier he may have made a play in that ball down the sideline against Metcalf.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
What's the point of firing him now? Who takes over?

I'm in agreement actually. Kubiak or Capers? No, let's go forward, not back in time. Patterson, Zimmer Jr., Dennison, and Kubiak Jr. are all firmly attached to Zimmer and/or Kubiak's apron strings. A lot of successful NFL head coaches have been on Vikings' coaching staffs in the past, but I don't think there is a Tomlin or Stefanski here presently.
Also, if you change coaches midseason, teams often get a bounce and win a few games - and destroy their draft chances.